Application Deadline: August 31st 2018
British Council #SouthernAfricaArts invites young digital creatives to take part in the second edition of ColabNowNow, hosted with Maputo Fast Forward in Mozambique. ColabNowNow will select 4 digital storytellers and 4 digital artists from East, West and Southern Africa and the UK. Working with the guidance of two digital facilitators, the creatives will create work for a physical and digital exhibition at the festival. The ColabNowNow facilitators will be mentored by interactive digital artist, senior lecturer and Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival director, Dr. Tegan Bristow.
- The #Colabnownow is looking for artists, programmers, Architects and storytellers, who are creating their art on digital! We invite young digital storytellers and artists working on digital, from Southern Africa, Africa guides, West Africa and the United Kingdom, to participate in this initiative.
- This collaborative platform will prioritize the creation of innovative digital work, which will then be displayed during the maputo fast forward festival.
- Applications are open to artist and storytellers between 18 and 35 years of age
- Selected applicants are required to be in Maputo, Mozambique, for the full period of the Colab (20-28 Oct 2018) including travel before and after
- Have a valid passport (with at least two blank pages for a visa and entry stamps
- Reside in one of the eligible countries listed
- Present a project proposal (with an indication of technical requirements) with their application
- Include short bio, profile image and portfolio in their application.
Ethiopia | Kenya | Rwanda | South Sudan | Sudan | Tanzania | Uganda
Botswana | Malawi | Mauritius | Mozambique | Namibia | South Africa | Zambia | Zimbabwe
Ghana | Nigeria | Senegal | Sierra Leone
- Costs for Visa application, return flights, accomodation and per diem.
- Selected applicants will receive work space, a production budget and production support.
For More Information: