Application Due Date: 7 June2019
The British Embassy is looking for brief videos and pictures from media trainees and early profession reporters based in Somalia consisting of Somaliland which show a favorable, initial and special story about Somalia.
To commemorate World Press Liberty Day and the ‘International Conference for.
Media Liberty’ (#DefendMediaFreedom), to be hosted by the federal governments of.
the UK and Canada in July 2019, the British Embassy.
Mogadishu is thrilled to reveal the launch of Young Somali Voices.
journalism reward (YSV).
This award will highlight the significance of safeguarding media flexibility.
and show the essential function that the media play in developing an.
inclusive and open society in Somalia. It will likewise look for to determine and.
job young Somali voices and favorable stories about Somalia.
The brand-new reward was revealed throughout World Press Liberty Day.
events held at the British Embassy Mogadishu and co-hosted by Her.
Majesty’s Ambassador to Somalia, Ben Fender, and agents from.
the United Nations workplace in Somalia. The occasion offered a platform for a.
random sample of Somali reporters to raise awareness of the.
difficulties and chances they confront with regard to media flexibility in.
Requirements for entry
- The competitors is open to media trainees and early profession.
reporters (3 years work experience and listed below, straight utilized or.
- Applications from females and marginalised groups are especially motivated.
- All entrants need to be Somali nationals and have a legitimate travel file.
- Just one entry is permitted per person.
How to get in
- a video of as much as 2 minutes highlighting a favorable and special.
story about any element of life in Somalia; the video can be in Somali.
however need to have English subtitles.
- a black and white or colour photo illustrating a favorable and.
special story about Somalia.; the photo needs to have a title or brief.
- the video/photograph by means of WeTransfer or Google Drive to [email protected]
- a one-page CV that includes your name, date of birth, education,.
work history, a copy of your travel file and your entry.
If you have any concerns, or issues with the submission procedure, please get in touch with the awards group at [email protected] prior to Friday 7 June 2019.
For Additional Information: