Application Due Date: December 17, 2018
Brookings is pleased to reveal the 2nd round of the David M. Rubenstein Fellowship Program. The difficulties dealing with the United States and the world need extensive, ingenious, evidence-based research study that create fresh thinking and ingenious policy options. Through this program, Brookings is looking for to increase variety in our academic neighborhood by hiring the next generation of increasing stars and thinkers to assist accomplish our objective of enhancing governance in the United States and throughout the world.
For the 2019 class, prepared to begin in September 2019, the Organization is once again trying to find 10 exceptional early- to mid-career scholars and policy specialists with a varied range of backgrounds, experience, and scholarship know-how. Each Rubenstein Fellow will have a main association with among Brookings’s 5 research study programs and prospects ought to send an application to the program( s) she or he has an interest in.
In addition to the program’s research study concerns as talked about listed below, Brookings is putting a focus on policy scientists with a background in expert system, emerging innovation, and/or information science with public law. Strong prospects might be as proficient about deep support knowing as they are labor policy, or as knowledgeable about cryptography as they are global security. At the same time, they might utilize unique information (e.g., satellite images, social networks posts, Internal Revenue Service records) or approaches (e.g., artificial intelligence, study experiments) to get insight into pushing policy concerns. In both cases, strong prospects will make use of deep technical know-how to notify their policy research study, and show a clear capability and desire to operate at the crossway of expert system, emerging innovation, information science, and/or public law.
The Governance Research Studies (GS) program at Brookings intends to be the leading, independent voice in the domestic policymaking sphere. Though evaluating public law, modern governance difficulties, and political organizations and procedures, Governance Researches intends to notify argument and offer policymakers with tools and concepts to enhance institutional governance at the nationwide level.
The Governance Researches program is accepting applications for 2 David M. Rubenstein Fellows with a strong background in either: 1) American democracy, U.S. political organizations, U.S. domestic policy, openness, guideline of law, anti-corruption, race, and equity; or 2) expert system, artificial intelligence, innovation policy, and emerging innovations.
- Under the guidance of the Vice President for Governance Researches, Rubenstein Fellows in Governance Research studies will release thorough, peer-reviewed essays and research study documents in addition to brief viewpoint pieces, post, and other items to promote their concepts in the general public policy argument.
- Rubenstein Fellows will likewise take part in public and personal occasions, raise cash for research study tasks, communicate with the media, and add to the general intellectual life of the Organization.
- Effective prospects will hold a postgraduate degree in government, sociology, public law, expert system, artificial intelligence, details science, or an associated discipline and have a record of, or showed capacity for, differentiated resolve mixing scholastic quality with experience in the general public or economic sectors.
- The specific needs to have the capability and skills to perform innovative research study and outreach to affect public law.
( The program does not money pre-or postdoctoral research study, pursue a degree, or the conclusion of tasks for which considerable development has actually been made prior to the fellowship duration.)
Application Process and Choice Timeline
Interested prospects who satisfy the program’s eligibility requirements ought to use online and send:
- A curriculum vitae (CV), consisting of a list of publications, with a cover letter explaining their research study interests and concerns, and
- A brief piece of composed work (no greater than 5 pages) that highlights the prospect’s abilities.
When you use, please connect your CV and cover letter as one file and submit your composing sample as a different accessory.
For complete factor to consider, please use by December 17, 2018 Prospects who advance will be welcomed to speak with and provide their work and research study in January,2019 Following interviews, the GS Research study Vice President will suggest finalists for choice by the President. Main statement of awards will be made by March 31, 2019; nevertheless, some choices might be made ahead of time.
To Learn More: