Due Date: May 1, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Brower Youth Award for Ecological Management 2019 Earth Island Institute developed The Brower Youth Award for Ecological Management in 2000 to honor popular ecological supporter David Brower.
David Brower, was estimated as stating “I like to see what youths can do, prior to somebody old informs them it’s difficult.” It is with this spirit that they acknowledge the exceptional management efforts of youths who are working for the security of our shared world. The Brower Youth Awards are housed in the New Leaders Effort program at Earth Island Institute. This is the 20 th year of honoring vibrant, young leaders for their exceptional operate in the ecological motion.
- Each of the 6 receivers of the Brower Youth Awards will get a $3,000 prize money, an expertly produced brief movie about their work from an Emmy award winning movie team, and flight and lodging accommodations for a week long journey to the San Francisco Bay Location.
- Throughout their remain in California, the receivers will take part in a training, visioning, management activities, speaking and media engagements. They purchase their continued success by supplying continuous access to resources, coaches, and chances to establish management abilities. The week of activities culminates in the awards event in front of more than 800 visitors in San Francisco on October 15, 2019.
- Youth ecological modification leaders ages 13 to 22 (since May 1, 2019) living in The United States and Canada (consisting of Mexico, Canada, some Caribbean Islands) and United States “Territories” are motivated to use
Candidates are examined on the following requirements:
- Impressive Youth Management: You played the significant management function in producing, arranging and executing your task or project( s).
- Problem & Technique: Your task is using fresh options and method to pertinent ecological difficulties.
- Task Effect, Scalability, & Replicability: Is the task’s effect substantial? Can your work be utilized as a design for other neighborhoods or schools?
- Charm, Personal Dedication & Trajectory: What draws you to this work? What would winning the Brower Youth Award indicate to you?
Each candidate should send:
- Picture of yourself
- If you are a finalist, you will be requested a letter of assistance from somebody who recognizes with you and your ecological work ( can not be from a moms and dad or guardian)
Please get in touch with the organizers well in advance of the due date for assistance with the submission of your application or clarifying concerns by emailing: [email protected] Applications will be accepted up until 8: 59 pm Pacific Requirement Time on May 1,2019 Applications sent after the due date due to technical concerns will not be accepted.
To find out more, see Brower Youth Award for Ecological Management