Application Deadline: 15 August 2021.
Having successfully jump-started hundreds of young entrepreneurs over the past 11 years, the SME Toolkit BUSINESS/PARTNERS Business Plan Competition for Aspiring Entrepreneurs provides the opportunity to try your hand at entrepreneurship.
Aspiring entrepreneurs of all ages are encouraged to apply and by doing so, have access to support offered through online workshops and support groups. Should COVD restrictions ease up and allow safe physical workshops, all participants will be invited to attend these where geographically practical. In response to the current COVID-19 Level 4 alert, the 2021 competition process will be facilitated via the online platforms Facebook, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams, meaning that access to the internet access is essential.
Participants will be provided with training material on how to develop a business plan, a marketing strategy, and a cash flow forecast, and will be able to participate in online workshops and group discussions before submitting business plans.
Business plans will be assessed and adjudicated, and six finalists will be selected, winning mentorship vouchers to the value of R10 000 each.
The six finalists will proceed to the national adjudication and an overall national winner, and two runners-up will be announced.
Prizes include vouchers to receive mentorship assistance from leading business experts for finalists, and for the winner, a further mentorship voucher, as well as a cash prize of R30 000. Please note that in relation to the mentorship only BUSINESS/PARTNERS approved mentors will be considered.
- The competition will be open for all aspiring entrepreneurs who have a business idea, but not sure how to start.
- Digital launching of the 2021 Business Plan Competition on 1 July 2021
- Participants must complete the entry form online on the SME Toolkit’s website.
- After submitting the online application, participants will receive an invitation to join the programme, and be asked to submit a registration form and a certified copy of their ID’s.
- Once the documents have been received, participants will be issued a registration number and invited to join the WhatsApp group for group discussions and solutions to frequently asked questions.
- Training material will be provided to each participant, as well as access to selected mentors to assist with questions resulting from this.
- Participants will be invited to attend free online workshops.
- Workshops will be hosted during the month of August/September 2021
- Business Plans must be submitted by 30 November 2021
- Finalists will be announced during January 2022
- The national winner will be announced in February 2022
For More Information: