Due Date: January 31, 2020
Applications are welcomed for the Caine Reward for African Composing 2020 The Caine Reward for African Composing is a literature reward granted to an African author of a narrative released in English. The reward was released in 2000 to motivate and highlight the richness and variety of African writing by bringing it to a larger audience globally. The concentrate on the narrative shows the modern advancement of the African story-telling custom.
In addition to administering the Reward, they work to link readers with African authors through a series of public occasions, along with assisting emerging authors in Africa to go into the world of mainstream publishing through the yearly Caine Reward authors’ workshop which happens in a various African nation each year.
- Winning and shortlisted authors will be welcomed to take part in authors’ workshops in Africa, London and in other places as resources allow;-LRB- **************).
- There is a prize money of ₤10,000 for the winning author and a travel award for each of the shortlisted prospects (approximately 5 in all). The shortlisted prospects will likewise get a Reward of ₤500;-LRB- **************).
- The winner is likewise welcomed to go to 3 literature celebrations in Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria.
- Open to African authors
- Every work got in should have been released. Unpublished work is not qualified for the Caine Reward
- Submissions ought to be made by publishers just
- Just imaginary work is qualified
- Just one story per author will be thought about in any one year
- Submissions ought to define which African nation the author originates from and the word count
- They need 6 copies of the operate in its initially released variation
- If the work is released in a book or journal, we want to get a minimum of one copy of the book/ journal and 5 copies; however especially where numerous stories are sent from one anthology we would like if possible to get 6 copies of the book/ journal itself
- If the work is released online, they want to get 6 copies
- Functions not qualified for entry consist of stories for kids, accurate writing, plays, bio, works much shorter than 3000 words and unpublished work.
There is no application. To use please send out 6 initial released copies of the work for factor to consider to the Caine Reward workplace consisting of a letter from the publisher.
If the work is released in a book or journal, they want to get a minimum of one copy of the book/journal and 5 copies; however especially where numerous stories are sent from one anthology they would like if possible to get 6 copies of the book/journal itself. If released in a publication or journal they will accept one initial copy plus 5 copies, however would choose 6 initial copies. If the work is released online, they want to get 6 printed copies.
Address and publish the qualified submission to:
The Caine Reward for African Composing
51 Southwark Street
For additional information, see Caine Reward