Deadline: October 28, 2020
Applications for the APCTP Leaders of Independent Junior Research Group (JRG) 2021 are now open. The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) opens a few positions for Leaders of Independent Junior Research Group (JRG) in theoretical physics and related fields.
The aim of these positions is to strengthen the research capacity of the Center by forming new Junior Research Groups. The Center has 17 member countries and plays a research network center of the Asia Pacific region in the field of theoretical physics through various academic activities. They encourage applications in the area of theoretical physics including, but not limited to, condensed matter physics, astrophysics, particle phenomenology, string theory, nuclear/hadron physics, and statistical/bio physics.
Each JRG leader will be based in Pohang, Korea where the APCTP headquarters is located, and build his/her own group as an in-house researcher with utter academic independence guaranteed. Leaders are also expected to promote and take advantage of the collaborative network with APCTP’s partner institutions in the Asia Pacific region and beyond. The starting date is expected to be April 1, 2021. The JRG leader will also be appointed as an affiliated Faculty of the POSTECH Physics Department.
- The position is initially offered for three years, renewable up to two additional years depending on the research performance and the availability of resources for the program. An annual gross salary will start from KRW 70,000,000.
- In addition to the salary, a rent-free housing, relocation costs, and research grant of KRW 100,000,000 per year will be provided. The grant can be used for hiring postdoctoral fellows and students, as well as for covering research activities.
- Open to young scientists and researchers in the Asian Pacific region.
- Applicants should have a background and experience in theoretical physics and related fields.
The following items should be submitted by October 28, 2020 (UTC +09:00):
- An application form (in PDF);
- A curriculum vitae;
- A short description of research accomplishments with a publication list;
- A statement of proposed work;
- Two letters of recommendation (reference letter), arranged to be sent directly from your referees by the same deadline.
NOTE: Each document submitted for items 1 to 5 above must be in English, and documents 2 to 4 should be combined in a single PDF file, unsigned and not encrypted.
Send all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit APCTP.