Deadline: October 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Embassy of the State of Israel in Nigeria/The Office of the Vice President of Nigeria Innovation Fellowship 2020/2021 for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers in Nigeria. The Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers (i-FAIR) is an initiative born out of the need to raise a generation of innovators, inventors and researchers in Nigeria; especially among the youths.
It is a 6-months program enabling participants to transform ideas into reality by providing technological and educational tools, platforms, guidance, and mentoring by experts from the state of Israel and Nigeria. The core objective of i-FAIR is to create a process and environment for brilliant minds that will transform ideas into innovations and inventions.
Successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits, free of charge:
- A unique platform to transform ideas into inventions and develop working prototypes;
- Free access and membership to a modern innovation center where they can work on and develop their ideas;
- Access to a special certificate-course and mentoring by accomplished inventors, innovators, and researchers from Nigeria and the State of Israel;
- The opportunity to enter “MassChallenge Israel 2021”;
- The opportunity to pitch inventions and prototypes to investors for possible adoption, patronage and partnership;
- An all-expense paid visit to the State of Israel, for inventors with the best prototypes and chance for a Proof of Concept (POC) collaboration opportunity with leading Israeli companies.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria;
- You must be 21 years and above;
- You must hold a degree from a tertiary institution;
- You must be smart, innovative and motivated;
- You must have an innovative project you are working on, in one or more of the following fields:
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Food Technology, Renewable
- Energy/Environmental Management
- Medical Devices/Simulation
- Social Responsibility/Solution for the Physically Challenged
To participate, complete the application form. Deadline for applications is October 31, 2020.
For more information, visit i-FAIR.