Deadline: June 21, 2020
Applications are open for the TYC 3rd Pan African Youth Camp 2020 for Young Changemakers. The overall objective of the Camp is to discuss and find new ways of supporting youth development in East African countries by collecting ideas and solutions of youth challenges from the young change makers.
This 3rd Youth Camp will enable participating youth and other invited stakeholders to reflect on different schemes for youth development that are designed to support youth in start-ups, formal and non-formal sectors as well as marginalized groups.
Since this camp will be highly interactive event, it will provide an avenue for information sharing and working sessions on youth development, investments, empowerment through startups and youth initiatives and other developmental schemes such as apprenticeship, internships and youth exchange programs for employability skills.
- To learn from fellow East African change makers about best practices demonstrated in their initiatives and projects such as youth startups, youth exchange programs, apprenticeship and traineeship programs for youth development.
- To utilize an opportunity to disseminate the results of successful Youth development programs such as youth startups, youth exchange programs, apprenticeship and traineeship programs
- To meet fellow change makers and share what works and what doesn’t and identify synergies and ways of working together to help in the future of youth development in East African countries
- To meet and network with relevant stakeholders in the field of youth development
- To learn from great facilitators in youth development issues
- To learn and better understand about the growth mindset towards realizing personal growth and country’s growth
- Creating long lasting connections and networks with fellow like minded youth change makers
- Getting the chance of youth mentorship through peer to peer consult
- Learning more about youth problems and youth solutions especially to the global challenge
- Understanding the ecosystem of youth start – opportunities and risks.
- The applicant must be a Tanzanian or East African national from Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and Uganda youth aged between 18-29 years;
- Must be fluent in English but ready to add towards diversity through a local language of Kiswahili (There will be no translation services);
- The young change maker must be implementing any youth development project which has an impact in the society;
- The project implemented must be innovative and should either encompass exchange program as a product or use an exchange program’s knowledge as an enabler in the implementation of the idea;
- The participant should be ready to come with the practical stuffs for his/her project in order to showcase them during the Pan-African youth camp;
- The participant must be ready/willing to live a camping life including sleeping in a Safari tent and using other camping gears during the camping;
- Be curious, open – minded, appreciate diversity and willing to learn from other’s initiatives;
- Preferably be involved in a start-up, organization or network, institution, formal or informal group as a multiplier of one of SDG or having founded his/her own startup as a change maker in a society;
- Posses a sense of responsibility for one’s own actions, a commitment to personal and community development and continue the engagement with other participants beyond the youth camp;
- Be motivated to learn and to apply the values and approaches for being a change maker in a society;
- Be involved in youth or community projects in their community and motivated to implement youth initiatives for SDGs;
- Alumni of different youth exchanges particular those between Germany and African countries and have impacted their local communities upon returning from an exchange or volunteer program are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Participant should be highly motivated, innovative, creative and independent thinkers with a pan-Africanism spirit. Knowledge of Agenda 2063 is an asset;
- Participant should be a change makers with different actions that have great impact not only in their societies but potential to influence at the global level;
- Should be available and be able to travel to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania during the youth camp time;
- Should be willing to share his/her username of social media platforms/accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube if available.
Interested applicants must submit their applications to [email protected] by sending the Motivation letter, brief description/abstract of their projects and CV.
For more information, visit Tanzania Youth Coalition.