Deadline: August 31, 2018
Nominations are open for the Women Stop Hunger Awards 2019. In order to highlight the role of women in the fight against hunger and to encourage exemplary and enduring anti-hunger initiatives in local communities, Stop Hunger is launching its third international edition of the ”Women Stop Hunger Awards.”
Empowering women is a Stop Hunger priority because providing women with resources is the most direct way to end hunger. Economic equality for women means progress for all. By providing them with the means, we advance more directly to a hunger-free world. Thus, in 2016-2017, more than a million US$ were invested by Stop Hunger in programs designed to support women or groups of women, and the Women Stop Hunger Awards were launched to financially support innovative and measurable initiatives led by women.
- The awards will be presented on March 12, 2019 during the annual Stop Hunger Donors’ Evening in Paris. The winners agree to participate in this event; their travel expenses to participate in the dinner are covered and each award will be accompanied by a donation of up to €10,000 from Stop Hunger.
- Only women can be nominated;
- A candidate may submit an application for herself or on behalf of a group or community of women.
The winners will be selected by Stop Hunger according to several criteria:
- Having implemented since at least 6 months a women’s empowerment initiative to reduce hunger in their community that goes beyond food aid (not just food distribution)
- The initiative seeks to help those most in need in the community, with a measurable impact on beneficiaries
- The beneficiaries must be mostly underprivileged women or girls
- The approach presents a new idea or an innovative idea that has not yet been widely implemented and looks promising for the future
- The initiative can be implemented in other communities.
For more information, visit Women Stop Hunger Awards.