Deadline: July 15, 2021
Submit papers for the African Economic Conference 2021. The 2021 African Economic Conference (AEC), jointly organized by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) will be held in Cabo Verde, as well as virtually, from December 2 – 4, 2021.
Since its inception in 2006, the AEC series has fostered dialogue and the exchange of knowledge on a variety of issues and challenges facing Africa. The theme of this year’s conference is: Financing Africa’s post Covid-19 Development.
Three sub-themes are particularly considered:
- Domestic public and private resource mobilization in the age of the digital revolution – considering the taxation system in Africa in different dimensions (tax base, fiscal space, efficiency, natural resource management, the informal sector, digitalization, the African Continental Free Trade Area), the national financial sector (regulation, efficiency, innovative financial tools, capital market, PPP), monetary policy, and the mobilization of natural resource revenue;
- Leveraging international private and public financial system for Africa’s development – considering debt distress, the international financial architecture and tools (FDI, Special Drawing Rights, ODA, remittances, green financing, sovereign risk, etc.) and the extension of international capital markets to financing Africa’s development;
- Towards resilient recovery and sustainable development with a renewed financing model – considering the possibilities to build a more resilient development through social protection, inclusion of the informal sector in the financing framework of Africa’s development.
- Authors will be requested to indicate whether they require support to cover expenses (travel, accommodation and daily subsistence allowance) associated with their participation at the conference. Only one author per paper accepted for presentation will be eligible for sponsorship. Support is reserved mainly for presenters and young researchers from Africa.
- Young African researchers are especially encouraged to submit their articles.
- Policy-oriented papers that are linked to the overall theme of the conference are of particular interest.
Interested authors should submit their papers to [email protected] before July 15, 2021.
Only full papers addressing the theme of the conference will be considered for presentation. They also encourage the submission of policy- and-solution oriented papers with strong empirical work. The conference will give priority to solution-oriented papers.
For more information, visit African Economic Conference.