Deadline: July 31, 2021
Do you have an idea for a project? Or want to contribute to a project? Apply for the Media Loves Tech Program 2021. The objective of Media Loves Tech is to identify and enable the implementation of effective solutions for the issues and problems of the media and journalism in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
For this, Media Loves Tech is part of the new technological spirit of crowd sourcing, that is, the collaboration of networked internet users to generate services, ideas or content together. Crowd sourcing means a process of sharing information that stimulates the proliferation of ideas and creativity.
Media Loves Tech is an initiative of DW Akademie, the Deutsche Welle’s center for international media development, journalism training and knowledge transfer, in partnership with Al Khatt, a Tunisian NGO which works for press freedom and expression and aims to be a laboratory of ideas on the future of journalism in the internet age. This project is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany.
Media Loves Tech will take place in two stages with the possibility, at each stage, of obtaining funding and support to accelerate the development of your product. The selected concepts will also benefit from professional support.
- The best concepts will receive €1,000 each.
- The best project will receive a funding of €10,000 which will be given to the team winner at the closing ceremony on December 3, 2021.
- In addition to that, a special prize of up to €5,000 will be dedicated for projects working within the field of science journalism.
- Open to creatives, journalists, media professionals, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, civil society, any individual actor or organization who wishes to contribute, by a concept or by offering their skills, to the rise of journalism in Tunisia, in Morocco or Algeria.
- Step 1: Selection of the best concepts. Concepts can be submitted until July 31, 2021.
- Step 2: These same teams will participate in a Hackathon at least in October 2021 and will continue to develop their prototypes until the end of November 2021.
For more information, visit Media Loves Tech.