Deadline: July 15, 2020
Call for Proposals for Research Projects on Land Governance in the Arab Region 2020 is now open. This call for proposals for research grants addresses students and young land professionals interested in conducting research on land governance-related topics in one or several countries of the Arab region.
The objectives of this call are to foster the interest in land-related research and to gather innovative ideas and approaches by supporting and motivating future academic and professional leaders in the field of land governance. The research grant will increase the information and empirical evidence on land-related issues in the region and foster the interest and engagement of students, young professionals and scholars in producing land-related research and become part of land sector networks in the Arab region.
Land governance is a cross sectoral topic that relates to different aspects of the social and economic life of societies, touches upon different sectors including planning, economy, human rights, governance, law, etc. – and has technical, social, economic and political dimensions.
This call for research proposals invites applicants from different backgrounds to submit their proposals focusing on one – or more than one – of the following topics:
- The nexus between land and conflict;
- Land and socio-economic development;
- Women and land;
- Youth and land;
- Land, natural resources (including water, minerals, extractives, etc.)
- Land and climate change (incl. land degradation, etc.);
- Land administration;
- Land policies, laws and regulations;
- Land-based investment, land markets, land value, land transactions;
- Monitoring land governance and land tenure security;
- Urbanization, planning, taxation and development control;
- Innovative land management tool.
Accepted research proposals will be funded a total grant of USD $4,000 as follows:
- USD 1,500 will be paid to the selected researcher after the selection.
- The remaining USD 2,500 will be paid to the researcher after the submission of the final research paper.
- Open to Master and PhD students (social science, economics, law, multi-disciplinary land-related programmes, etc.) with interest in land management and land-related topics in one or several countries in the Arab region;
- Land professionals and land practitioners with expertise and/or field experience on land related projects in the Arab region.
- Young scholars working in universities or other relevant research institutions conducting research dealing with land-related topics in the Arab region;
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be nationals or resident of a country of the Arab region;
- Applicants must be maximum 45 years old;
- Applicants can apply individually or in group (maximum of 3).
The submissions should contain:
- The name(s) and titles of the applicants;
- Copies of the ID(s) of the applicant(s);
- Proof of residency in Arab Country (incase if non-Arab Candidate)
- The themes of the proposed research (selected from the list above);
- The proposed title of the research paper;
- The geographical focus (one or more than one country in the Arab region);
- The outline (or table of content) of the research paper;
- An abstract describing the proposed research (max 2000 words).
Submissions should be done in Word and PDF format and written in either in English, French or Arabic.
Submissions should be sent to the following email address: uti.training[email protected]
For more information, visit GLTN Research Innovation Fund.