Deadline: November 30, 2020
Are you between the ages of 19 and 34 located in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Lebanon, or Jordan with an active community-based crisis response initiative? Apply to join the #DOTYouth Street Team!
Digital Opportunity Trust looking for youth with community-based initiatives related to:
- Digital Education and e-Health – digital learning platforms and activities; supporting teachers and schools to reach students virtually; digital skills, inclusion, and access initiatives for communities; e-health initiatives.
- Community Outreach – knowledge sharing and sensitization about COVID-19; building digital communities of support for peers and neighbours; digital interventions such as radio and social media campaigns; establishing supply chains for essential healthcare and sanitation materials.
- Gender equality – health and wellness initiatives for women and girls; skills development; connecting women to digital jobs; gender equality advocacy.
As a member of the #DOTYouth Street Team, you will be connected with learning and network building opportunities and peer support: their goal will be to provide you with the technical support you need to grow your initiative, make it sustainable, and help you have the greatest community impact possible.
- Be between the ages of 19-34;
- Be located in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Lebanon, or Jordan;
- Have an already-existing community-based crisis response initiative (related to the COVID-19 pandemic, or related to other urgent issues in your community) or have an initiative that is building resilience in your community. Your initiative should be related to digital education, e-health, community outreach, or gender equality.
- In light of COVID-19, your initiative should be in line with WHO and local government guidelines for safety.
- Have basic English literacy skills.
If you have a community-based initiative and you think you might qualify for the #DOTYouth Street Team but you’re not sure, apply anyway! They want to hear from you. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply!
For more information, visit DOTYouth Street Team.