Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Camargo Core Program 2020-2021 The Core Program is the flagship program of the Camargo Structure. Considering That 1971, the Camargo Structure has actually granted residencies to over 800 Core Program Fellows as part of its objective to support revolutionary research study, experimentation, and interdisciplinary methods in the Arts and Liberal arts.
Each year, a respected panel of scholars and arts experts chooses 18 people or groups from over 1,000 submissions from around the globe. Winners are granted residencies in a spectacular, reflective environment where they have the area, time, and flexibility to believe, develop, and link. Fellowships cover 6 to 11 weeks. With each associate of Fellows, the Structure aims to promote connections in between research study and development.
Function of the Residency
- Research Study, Experiment & Produce: Applicants need to send a proposition of work they want to achieve throughout their residencies. Propositions might consist of particular tasks to establish or finish (e.g. a book, movie, structure, art work, and so on) or research study into a specific subject or concern, in advance of composing or developing an artwork. Research study tasks need to concern the Fellow’s field. The Camargo Core Program invites both open-ended expedition, or more concentrated works.
- Exchange & Network: Throughout the residency, conversations are held routinely so that Fellows have the chance to provide their work to the group. These task conversations act as a chance for interdisciplinary exchange. All Fellows are needed to be present at these conversations. The Camargo Structure’s personnel will supply official and casual relate to the area, conferences with experts whose locations of know-how pertain to Fellows’ work, and chances to participate in occasions and to welcome outdoors experts to predict conversations. On a voluntary basis, Fellows have the chance to provide their work as part of the programs of cultural and academic companies in the area. As part of Camargo’s interest in engaging the regional neighborhood, they motivate Fellows to likewise think about possible programs with trainees (for instance, a class check out or hands-on workshop). Such occasions would be developed and arranged in close assessment with the Structure personnel.
The Camargo Core Program includes fellowship residencies that cover 6 to 11 weeks. The dates for 2020/2021 are:
Fall 2020: 8 weeks from September 8 to November 3
Spring 2021: 6 weeks from February 23 to April 6, 8 weeks from February 23 to April 20, or 11 weeks from February 23 to May 11
- A stipend of $250 USD weekly is supplied, as is moneying for standard transport to and from Cassis for the Fellow for the residency. When it comes to flight, standard coach class scheduled ahead of time is covered.
The Camargo Structure rewards variety and invites candidates from all nations and citizenships, representing a broad variety of imagination and practice. 3 primary classifications are readily available, and a number of subcategories for artists’ applications:
- Scholars: Scholars need to be linked to the Arts and Liberal arts dealing with French and Francophone cultures, or cross-cultural research studies that engage the cultures and impacts of the Mediterranean area. To be qualified for a fellowship in the “Scholars” classification, candidates are anticipated either to hold a PhD and a record of post-doctoral scholarship, or to be PhD prospects finishing the lasts of research study for, or writing of, their argumentation.
- Thinkers: Thinkers consist of achieved experts and professionals in cultural and imaginative fields (such as managers, reporters, critics, city organizers, independent scholars, and so on) who are expertly taken part in crucial idea. The Structures has an interest in work attuned to the theoretical “arena”, the arts, and society.
- Artists (All disciplines): Artists, in all disciplines, need to be the main developers of a brand-new work/project and need to have attained a performance history of publications/performances/exhibitions, credits, awards and/or grants. The Structure has an interest in artists who have actually a totally established, fully grown creative voice. Candidates might consist of artists who are taken part in crucial idea and research-oriented tasks. When using, artists will need to pick amongst the following subcategories: Visual Artists/ Choreographers and Efficiency Artists/ Writers and Playwrights/ Movie, Video and Digital Artists/ Authors and Sound Artists/ Multidisciplinary Artists.
To learn more, check out Camargo Core Program