Due Date: November 26, 2018
The application for the 2019 Camelback Fellowship is now open! The Camelback Education Fellowship is a six-month program that supports the advancement of both creator and endeavor.
Camelback invests energy and time into each Fellow through training, capital, and connections They think these pillars are crucial to the advancement and success of any company, and especially, there is a systemic absence of access to these for individuals of color and females. Years of work have actually informed us how crucial is to construct neighborhood leaders of color, and the experience is rooted in producing area for these relationships. The Camelback Education Fellowship focuses greatly on our thoroughly curated curriculum, an entrepreneurial development program provided through a series of Tops. *
The Camelback Education Fellowship provides assistance for business owners of color and females through:
- Training — 1:1 relationship with Start-up Coach who develops a plan with each leader and assists fulfill objectives
- Capital — endeavors get as much as $40,000 in our “family and friends” round. For-profits and hybrids get as a convertible note; nonprofits and schools get as grants
- Links — conferences with financiers, possible partners and consumers, and material professionals
- Neighborhood — tight-knit experience with friend in addition to extended Camelback household (consisting of previous and present Fellows and Start-up Coaches, in addition to buddies who can’t wait to support brand-new Fellows)
- Curriculum — an extreme program they have actually developed to empower early phase business owners
This experience is provided through their Tops: one in New Orleans, New York City, and Oakland. * Fellows take a trip from around the nation to assemble; Fellows frequently state that this extensive time of development with the Camelback household is among the most impactful aspects of the program. Tops typically are 4 days long, and the last top culminates with a display. For more on what it resembles to be a Fellow, scroll up!
- Underrepresented business owners, mostly individuals of color and females. This consists of however is not restricted to business owners determining as Black, Latinx, East Asian, South Asian, Southeast Asian, Native, and/or Native.
- Organizations with a main concentrate on education, consisting of nonprofits, for-profits, hybrids, and schools. This year, they are especially thinking about supporting endeavors concentrated on ingenious school designs and policy & advocacy companies.
- Any company based in the U.S.A. They think their creators make one of the most effect by remaining in their neighborhoods– their program does not need you to move anywhere.
The application is completely online and includes 3 rounds.
- Round 1 includes composed brief and long responses with simple concerns about your entrepreneurial journey and your endeavor.
- Round 2 will be composed brief responses that dive much deeper into organizational information (such as group, suggestions, market fit, and spending plans).
- Round 3 is a video interview with market professionals that challenges candidates to think of their individual advancement and organizational effect.
To find out more, see Camelback Ventures