Due Date: February 18, 2019
Applications for the CatchLight Fellowship 2019 are now open. The CatchLight Fellowship works as an incubator for ingenious leaders. It is an area to get financial backing, unlock specific capacity, take advantage of collaborations and magnify your effect.
CatchLight thinks in the value of visual storytelling to promote a more compassionate understanding of the world. Our objective is to grow a successful visual environment by supporting innovators in the field of visual storytelling through the CatchLight Fellowship program. Their objective is to support the development of the visual environment by bringing resources and assistance to all kinds of innovators in the field.
They can be:
- Visual writers who utilize visual art to trigger brand-new discussions, engage neighborhoods and whose work is poised to be considerably enhanced by partnership, mentorship, and networking.
- Organizational leaders who are working to assist even more the visual environment by finding and enhancing writers’ voices and specifying the future of the field.
All Prospects are motivated to press the limits in brand-new and amazing methods. Propositions need to represent quality and present ingenious amplification and engagement concepts. They welcome and motivate a broad variety in candidates, concepts, and innovative mediums.
Throughout the very first year, fellows will deal with their proposed job with the networking assistance of CatchLight. CatchLight will use ongoing amplification and engagement assistance for another year past the fellowship year. The nature of the granted fellow’s work will figure out the suitable design for circulation and collaborations.
Fellows will be anticipated to take part in individual to 2 essential CatchLight programs in San Francisco: a kickoff workshop in April and a Management Top in November.
A CatchLight Fellowship is granted for life Fellows will be motivated to share know-how within the CatchLight neighborhood beyond the expiration of the grant duration, and CatchLight hopes that Fellows will use mentorship and look for mentorship within the neighborhood throughout their lives. CatchLight and CatchLight Fellows might describe any previous recipient as a present CatchLight Fellow. Fellows are needed to reference their CatchLight Fellowship in bios and resumés noting accomplishments and present positions.
- A grant of $30,000 in financing throughout the 12- month duration. CatchLight will likewise work to consist of other resources consisting of media direct exposure and collaborations to help in the production and effect of a well-rounded body of work throughout the fellowship year.
- In addition to the grant, the fellowship provides mentorship, customized job advancement and networking chances from CatchLight personnel and our prolonged network of partners.
- They are searching for remarkable skill, dedication to efficient circulation and a drive to specify effect on an essential problem of the professional photographer’s picking.
- The Fellowship is open to all individuals of any ages and all nations who deal with visual interaction, consisting of videographers and professional photographers dealing with lens-led innovation for the functions of visual storytelling, and a particular dedication to effecting modification.
- Applicants might operate in a broad variety of visual formats consisting of photography, video, audio, movement or VR.
- Candidates need to use as people.
- Service entities and organizations will not be qualified.
- CatchLight will look positively on candidates who show desire to work collaboratively with circulation and effect partners, consisting of media companies and advocacy specialists, to establish their tasks and optimize the reach of the work.
Guidelines and Standards
- Candidates need to send one (1) application on their own just.
- Applicants might send pictures or other visual formats such as audio, movement or VR.
- All applications need to be finished in English.
- Applicants will send 20-25 still images, or 15 minutes or less of audio/motion or VR from either the proposed job or a previous piece of work. Images will be 72 DPI, 1200 longest edge.
- One (1) job declaration of 100 words or less summing up the job.
- One (1) proposition of no greater than 500 words laying out:.
- The work to be pursued in the course of a 12- month Fellowship, how it develops on previous work, and the importance of this Fellowship in advancing the production and reach of the work. CatchLight might approve exceptions to the timeline where required.
- Why this work exhibits ingenious circulation to engage audiences in brand-new and various methods.
- How this work shows quantifiable social awareness and engagement.
- One (1) proposition of 300 words or less laying out circulation strategy.
- 3 (3) expert recommendations with contact details.
- Adherence to the ethical requirements as explained listed below.
- Individual contact details, portfolio links, CV.
- If the candidate discovers these conditions improper for the nature of the work please contact CatchLight straight for suggestions on making an effective application.
- The application website opens on January 22 nd and the due date to use is February 18 th at midnight PST.
- The CatchLight Fellowship swimming pool will be formed by both election and open call.
- Application consists of work samples, expert recommendations, a composed proposition with the scope of job, and possible concepts for collaborations and circulation opportunities that best fit the proposition.
- Candidates need to mention how they prepare to utilize the offered assistance and resources to manage a specified result. Applications will be examined and shortlisted by a geographically and expertly varied jury.
- There is no cost to use.
For more details, see CatchLight Fellowship