Deadline: November 30, 2020
Applications are open for the CaterpillHERs/Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) Program 2021. With the partnership between CaterphillHERs and Miller Center’s Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI), they have designed this program to accelerate the growth of small and growing women-led businesses in Pakistan.
GSBI will provide women-led Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) in Pakistan business curriculum, business acumen, networks, and mentors they need to gain agency to build “investment-readiness”. They are seeking 15 women-led SGBs from Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, and Hyderabad.
- FREE of Cost: The program is totally free of cost with no equity or liability to any of the selected entrepreneurs. The only payment required is your full commitment to finish the program.
- Tailored Mentorship by Silicon Valley Executives: Each enterprise will be assigned two mentors – one providing Silicon Valley/global insights and one providing local context to give each enterprise high-touch and individual-level attention and resources.
- Soft Skills Training: The program is equipped with soft skills training, office hours, and demo pitching sessions to keep your confidence amped up.
- Investment Readiness: The methodology focuses on the “Justifiable Ask.” This focus effectively asks: “If I were an investor and you came to me with that “ask,” here are the questions I would ask.”
- Open to women leaders of for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid social enterprises from Pakistan who are operational (post-pilot) addressing the needs of those living in poverty, and/or serving girls/women as customers or beneficiaries.
- They welcome all applicants who identify as women (cisgender, transgender, and those who hold fluid/non-binary identities).
- Founders must be engaged in the operations full-time and must be registered as a for-profit, non-profit or a hybrid organization.
- Identify as Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs). SGBs are defined as businesses with five to 250 employees that have significant potential to scale.
- The program requires passion and commitment by the founders and that’s the only thing they seek and evaluate their participants on.
The next cohort focused on supporting women-led social enterprises will launch in January 2021. Applications are due November 30, 2020.
For more information, visit Global Social Benefit Institute.