Due Date: October 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Center on Dispute and Advancement (ConDev) Trainee Media Grants Program 2020 ConDev’s Trainee Media Grants are granted to present trainees thinking about catching conflict-related concerns dealing with delicate and conflict-affected locations of Latin America through spectacular photography and/or videography. This photojournalism grant is moneyed by the Howard G. Buffett Structure Chair on Dispute and Advancement.
Trainees must send propositions that will explain their anticipated travel, research study and photographic topics. They must pick a global advancement location that shows concerns of food insecurity, health, education, land period, hardship, or other concerns dealing with individuals in delicate and conflict-affected countries in Latin America.
Throughout their experience, trainees will be needed to achieve the following:
- Program three-month engagement (minimum) with global advancement concerns through extension activities, internships, trainee research study, and so on
- Compose a series of blog site posts for the ConDev Blog site throughout their experience and a last report or blog site
- File their selected topics through image and/or video journalism that accentuates dispute and advancement concerns
- Publish or show the outcomes of their operate in a kind of refereed media
- A grant approximately $5,000 is granted to the chosen trainee
- Open to college student around the world (undergraduate, graduate or PhD) wanting to carry out photojournalism jobs in Latin America. Propositions for other locations of the world will not be thought about.
- No greater than 4 (8.5″ ×11″) pages (not consisting of cover page)
- 12 point, Times New Roman font style
- 1 ″ margins; please send as a Microsoft Word file
Trainees must send propositions that explain their expected travel, topics, and prepare for photostory production, improvement and promo as particularly as possible.
Propositions need to consist of the following elements:
- Cover Sheet
- Thematic Focus (1/2 page)
- Declaration of Inspiration (1/2 page)
- Media Experience (1/2 page)
- Timeline (1/2 page)
- Story of Planned Activities (1 page)
- Prepare For Submission of Work and Prepare For Promo (1/2 page)
- Spending plan (1/2 page)
Propositions must be sent as a Microsoft Word File to [email protected] with ” Trainee Media Grant: [Name of Student]” as the subject line, with any samples connected. Just one proposition can be sent per trainee.
For more details, go to CONDEV’s Grants