Due Date: November 5, 2019
Applications for the Chevening British Library Fellowship 2020/2021 are now open. The Chevening British Library Fellowship is a cooperation in between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Workplace and the British Library, using global specialists a year-long expert project-based positioning. Fellows will have the advantage of dealing with the substantial library’s collections and gain from the broad series of expert know-how of library personnel.
The British Library is the nationwide library of the UK and among the world’s biggest research study libraries. The British Library’s collection includes all fields of understanding in numerous languages, covering 3,500 years from a few of the earliest composed records to the digital collections of today day, and variety over all formats. As a public-facing, culturally-active research study institute, Chevening is pleased to partner with the British Library to bring global specialists to the UK to pursue a distinctive chance.
Fellows will carry out a duration of expert project-based activity at the British Library, getting assistance and guidance from library personnel. Please keep in mind that this fellowship is not ideal for those wishing to pursue their own research study.
As a public-facing, culturally-active, research study institute, the Library has the ability to supply a broad series of expert advancement chances for fellows. Fellows will have a special project-based positioning including research study, assessment, and technique advancement, paired with stakeholder engagement and outreach chances.
Fellows will gain from ingrained working and hands-on training within a particular group, in addition to having access to a variety of organisational training and advancement chances, such as the British Library’s Digital Scholarship program. The library’s postgraduate research study supervisor will supply extra pastoral assistance and deal with managers to keep an eye on the development and expert advancement. This fellowship program will begin in September 2020 and is for a 12- month duration of project-based activity at the British Library.
- Living costs throughout of the fellowship.
- Return economy air travel from your house nation to the UK.
- Allowance bundle for fellowship-related activities.
- Approximately ₤ 1,000 for authorized project-related costs.
- Access to a program of cultural occasions and activities arranged by the FCO and the Chevening Secretariat.
- This fellowship is readily available in the list below nations: Ukraine and China
- Candidates should show the possible to increase to positions of management and impact
- Show that you have the individual, intellectual, and social characteristics showing this capacity
- Be a person of the above-listed nations
- Go back to your nation of citizenship at the end of the duration of the fellowship
- Have a postgraduate level credentials (or comparable expert training or experience in an appropriate location) at the time of application
- Have substantial expert and/or scholastic research study experience (a minimum of 5 years)
- Be presently used or a presently registered PhD prospect (PhD should not be with a UK/EU or U.S.A. university)
- Supply proof of conference a minimum of the minimum English language capabilities for Chevening Awards
- Not hold British or double British citizenship
- Not be a staff member, a previous worker, or relative of a staff member (given that July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Federal government (consisting of British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Advancement, the Department for Organisation, Energy & Industrial Method, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Office), the British Council, or a team member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
To learn more, check out Chevening British Library Fellowship