Due Date: February 27, 2019
Applications for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Management and Quality 2019 are now open. The fellowship for Indians is focused on young high-flyers and mid-career specialists from varied backgrounds with a strong and verifiable management capacity.
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Management and Quality at the University of Oxford begins with the facility that as a financial powerhouse of the international economy, a growing leader in science and innovation, and the world’s biggest democracy, India remains in an essential position to drive forward an efficient and genuine institutional global order to satisfy the emerging difficulties to international combination.
Every year twelve picked Gurukul Fellows will be used an extensive, twelve-week property course at the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) at the University of Oxford to study and resolve these difficulties through 3 essential and interlocking parts concentrating on scholastic understanding, policy importance and individual advancement.
This ingenious program will acquaint India’s future leaders with an understanding of the modern chances and difficulties of international combination, the management abilities to play a leading function in fulfilling them, and the understanding to equate this into policy and practice.
Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to present problems and styles affecting international management, consisting of:
- Economics of international combination: development, trade, guideline and deregulation
- The function of science and innovation: environment modification, the web, technological interconnectedness, cyber security
- Global governance and federal government of the nation-state: the UN, WTO and trade arrangements, the European Union and Brexit
- Social difficulties of and to international combination: migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance
- The brand-new politics of assistance and opposition to international combination: nationalism and internationalism, security and dispute
- Individual advancement and management abilities
Each fellowship consists of:
- Complete program costs
- Living expenditures throughout of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India to the UK
- Be a resident of India and presently reside in the nation. You need to not hold British citizenship.
- Have at least 10 years’ work experience prior to using
- Be a mid-career expert with strong management capacity in a wide variety of sectors consisting of state or main federal government, economic sector, media, and civil society
- Have an excellent working understanding of English to be evaluated by a competent English language assessor
- Have a postgraduate level credentials or comparable expert training or work experience in a pertinent location at the time of application
- Accept comply with all appropriate standards, requirements and expectations of the program
To find out more, see Chevening Gurukul Fellowship