Application Due Date: November 5th 2019
The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Research Studies (OCIS) Fellowships are targeted at mid-career academics or experts who are devoted to the promo of scholastic activities which motivate a more educated understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam and modern Muslim societies.
The following fellowships are a partnership in between the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Workplace and OCIS:
- Chevening OCIS Fellowship
- Chevening OCIS Abdullah Gül Fellowship
Fellows will carry out a 6-month duration of self-directed research study.
concentrating on their own task on the culture and civilisation of Islam.
and modern Muslim societies in an international context.
Fellows will take advantage of satisfying a multi-disciplinary group of.
scholars concentrating on the Islamic world and have the chance to.
establish contacts with pertinent people, talk about problems associating with.
the Islamic world, consisting of Islamic history, classical Islamic.
sciences, economics and Islamic financing, and the research study of Muslims in the.
West. Fellows will add to the Centre’s goal to motivate.
and promote continual discussion and partnership within the worldwide.
scholastic neighborhood of the culture and civilisation of Islam and.
modern Muslim societies.
OCIS is an Acknowledged Independent Centre for the University of Oxford.
and offers a conference point for the Western and Islamic worlds of.
This fellowship program will begin in October2020 Fellows will require to establish their own research study task to concentrate on throughout their fellowship prior to getting here in the UK.
- Six-month duration of research study at OCIS.
- Living expenditures throughout of the fellowship.
- Return economy airline tickets from house nation to the UK.
- Allowance plan for research-related activities.
- Access to a program of cultural occasions and activities arranged by the FCO and the Chevening Secretariat.
The Chevening OCIS Abdullah Gül Fellowship is readily available to candidates from Turkey.
To be qualified for a Chevening OCIS Fellowship, you should:
- Show the possible to increase to a position of management and impact
- Show the individual, intellectual and social qualities showing this capacity
- Be a person of Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Egypt,.
Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco,.
Nigeria, Pakistan, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Philippines,.
Russia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan
- Go back to nation of your citizenship at the end of the duration of the fellowship
- Hold a postgraduate level credentials (or comparable specialist.
training or experience in an appropriate location) at the time of application
- Have substantial expert and/or scholastic research study experience (a minimum of 5 years)
- Supply proof of conference a minimum of the minimum English language capabilities for Chevening Awards
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship
- Not be a worker, a previous worker, or relative of a worker.
( considering that July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Federal government (consisting of British.
embassies/high commissions, the Department for International.
Advancement, the Department for Company, Energy & Industrial.
Method, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence.
and the Office), the British Council, or an employee of the.
Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Note: Immediate loved ones are specified.
as moms and dads or step-parents, brother or sisters or step-siblings, kids or.
step-children, partner, civil partner or single (where the couple have.
remained in a relationship similar to marital relationship or civil collaboration for at.
least 2 years)
Please keep in mind that candidates who have actually formerly gotten monetary.
take advantage of a HMG-funded scholarship or fellowship are qualified to.
use after a duration of 5 years following the conclusion of their.
initially HMG financed award. In these cases, candidates will be needed to.
show their profession development from that point.
Candidates must be prepared to describe a brief proposition on the location.
of scholastic research study they want to perform at the time of.
application submission. The proposition must consist of a primary research study.
concern and how the candidate means to perform this research study while in.
house at the Centre.
For More Details