Application Deadline: 7 November 2017, 12:00 GMT
Chevening is the UK government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your professional goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to go to the UK and grow in the UK as a Chevening Scholar.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Essential:Three different UK master’s course choices
- Optional:English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- Optional:UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 12 July 2018. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 12 July 2018 in order to remain in the process.
Selection updates and timelines
If you apply for a 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarship you will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check this on the online application system by using the login details you registered with. Take a look at theChevening application timelineand ourFAQsfor a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.
For more information, please visit the Official website of the CheveningScholarship