Deadline: October 30, 2020
Applications are open for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program 2021-2023. CIFAR invites exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join one of their interdisciplinary research programs that address some of the most important questions facing science and humanity.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program accelerates the development of the next generation of research leaders and positions them to heighten their impact in academia and beyond.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides:
- Interdisciplinary interactions: Pursuing the most exciting and important research questions requires scholars who can move beyond their own research areas to take a fresh look at a problem. CIFAR helps early-career researchers think and work outside their silos by facilitating dialogue between diverse disciplines and immersing them in their research programs for a truly enriching experience.
- Leadership development: Excellent management and communication skills will be key to success in the demanding and competitive world of research. Through annual meetings of CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars from across CIFAR’s research programs, and additional learning experiences supported by the Love Family Leadership Development Fund, CIFAR designs one-on-one and peer-group training opportunities on themes related to the leadership development needs of Global Scholars.
- Engagement in global communities: Tomorrow’s research leaders must understand how to engage with key stakeholders in their communities around the world, with government, industry, or the general public. CIFAR provides early-career researchers opportunities to refine the skills they develop, interacting with leaders both within and outside of academia.
Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world;
- Must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
Applications for the 2021-2023 cohort of CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program will close on October 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
For more information, visit CIFAR Azrieli.