Application Due Date:.
7 January 2019, 18: 00 CET.
Coaches: have you recognized a young detective with tremendous capacity?
Junior detectives: are you the next young leader in paediatric and teen HIV medical science?
CIPHER introduced its Growing the Leaders of Tomorrow Fellowship Program in 2017 to construct and support medical research study management in paediatric and teen HIV in low- and middle-income nations, especially high-burden nations in sub-Saharan Africa.
CIPHER Fellows are doctors from sub-Saharan Africa with.
medical research study experience and the prospective to end up being the next.
generation of leaders in paediatric and teen HIV medical science.
Each fellow gets $70,00 0 over 2 years, and has actually currently connected.
with a prospective coach. The coach is a globally renowned.
scientist in paediatric and teen HIV with a recognized medical.
research study cooperation based at an institute of quality in.
By supporting this link, the program enhances each fellow’s research study abilities, facilitates their combination into worldwide medical research study networks, and allows them to contend better for worldwide research study financing. At the exact same time, it assists address top priority research study spaces in paediatric and teen HIV medical science and adds to developing institutional capability in sub-Saharan Africa.
The program has 4 essential results:
1. Fellows have actually increased understanding and abilities in HIV medical research study;-LRB- ********) 2. Fellows can contend better for worldwide research study financing chances;-LRB- ********) 3. Fellows have actually reinforced relationships with a leading medical researcher in paediatric HIV and with an organization of quality in SSA;-LRB- ********) 4. Top priority research study spaces in paediatric and teen HIV medical science are attended to
Fellow’s eligibility requirements:
• The fellow should be a junior detective with a postgraduate degree (PhD) or a medical professional of medication degree (e.g., MD, MBBS or comparable) gotten no greater than 10 years prior to the application due date and who has less than 5 years of appropriate research study experience.
• The fellow should hold a passport from a nation in SSA1.
• The fellow should satisfy among the following requirements prior to the application submission due date: o He/she is a clinical/research student (e.g., research study or medical fellow, senior medical resident/Registrar) at an SSA scholastic institute or an SSA institute whose main objective is research.o He/she has a professors or equivalent position (e.g., assistant teacher, speaker, research study officer) at an SSA scholastic institute or an SSA institute whose main objective is research.o He/she is operating at an SSA company with appropriate research study facilities to carry out the proposed research study activities.
• The fellow (and coach) should show that moneying to support the direct expenses of the proposed research study is readily available.
Fellow/mentor sets send an applications to the Growing the Leaders of Tomorrow Fellowship Program. Recipients will be picked to get a two-year fellowship of as much as US$ 70,00 0 (US$ 35,00 0 each year).
Applications should be sent no behind 7 January 2019, 18: 00 CET. Applications for the program should be sent by the fellow through the online application that will be readily available on the CIPHER site from 12 November 2019 till 7 January 2019 18: 00 CET.
Applicants will be asked to information past accomplishments of the fellow and coach, their research study objectives, supply an abstract of their proposed job, and compose a research study strategy and mentorship prepare for the period of the fellowship.Documents to be submitted:
• Coach’s curriculum vitae, consisting of publication record in paediatric HIV medical research study; • Fellow’s degree( s);-LRB- ********) • Fellow’s passport; • Letter of assistance from Coach’s and Fellow’s organization (unless the organization is the exact same);
Research study strategy, consisting of financing and timeline; IRB approval if readily available (consisted of in the type);-LRB- ********) • Mentorship strategy (consisted of in the type). Choice is based upon previous accomplishments of the fellow and coach; assistance by the host organization; the quality of the research study proposed and the mentorship strategy; and the capacity of the general proposition to forward the expert advancement of the fellow.