Application Deadline: February 11th, 2022
The Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2022 is a worldwide search for early-stage technology-enabled solutions and services that can enable economic development and/or benefit society and/or the environment.
Cisco is committed to positively impacting 1 billion people by 2025. As part of Ciscos’ work, we seek to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive – but thrive – in our increasingly digital economy. With digital technologies connecting devices and data, good ideas now have the ability to make a difference more quickly than ever before – and we’re here to help.
The 6th annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from early-stage entrepreneurs around the world.
$1,000,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- $250,000 USD Grand PrizeA single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD Regional First Runners-UpThree teams from around the world (Americas, EMEAR and APJC) will be designated the regional first runners-up and will receive $75,000 USD each.
- $50,000 USD Second Runners-UpThree teams will be designated the second runners-up and will receive $50,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s ChoiceThe finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- $15,000 USD Cisco Employees’ ChoiceThe finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the Cisco Employees’ Choice Award.
- $100,000 USD Climate Impact & Regeneration PrizeA single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
- $50,000 USD Climate Impact & Regeneration Prize Runners-UpFour teams will be designated as the winners of this prize.
- $50,000 USD HBCU Startup PrizeA single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
There will be two distinct submission rounds.
Round one opens November 30, 2021 and closes February 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST. To prepare your submission you will need to complete an online questionnaire, which will cover the following topics:
- Defining the problem you are solving
- Overview of your solution
- Benefits of your solution and how it uses digital technologies
- How your solution is unique and will be taken to market
- Risks associated with the solution
- 90-second pitch video explaining the solution
Once you are ready, click here to register (or log in) and prepare your submission.
- Applications OpenNovember 30, 2021, 10:00 am
- Applications Close Feb 11 at 5 pm PTFebruary 11, 2022, 5:00 pm
- Semi-Finalists Invited to SubmitApril 26, 2022, 10:00 am
- Semi-Finalist Submissions Close May 20 at 5 pm PTMay 20, 2022, 5:00 pm
- Finalists Announced and People’s Choice Voting OpensJuly 5, 2022, 10:00 am
- People’s Choice Voting ClosesJuly 29, 2022, 5:00 pm
- Winners AnnouncedAugust 23, 2022, 10:00 am
For More Information: