Application Deadline: Unspecified
Citi is looking for fresh graduates to join the team in various locations across the Middle East and Africa region.
The MEA Analyst Program begins in July with a 3-week training program in Dubai. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from multiple business areas as well as network with other Analysts from across the Middle East and Africa region.
The classroom training program is followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various business areas of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Corporate Bank, Operations & Technology (O&T), and Risk. In some countries, the Risk rotation will be replaced by another business area.
In the Middle East and Africa, we have offices and potential opportunities in Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and Zambia.
Your time here will look something like this…
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
* Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
* Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
* Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
* Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
* Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
* Interact with Citi’s network around the region
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS)
* Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes.
* Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
* Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
* Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews.
* Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an Analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/Public Sector Credit Analysis writing and stress testing.
* Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
* Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc.
* Taking part in client calls / site visits.
* Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization.
Operations & Technology (O&T)
* Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
* Analyze volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes.
* Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
* Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
You have recently completed your university degree or will complete it prior to July 2020
* You have a grade of 2:1 (Second Class Upper) or above, a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
* You have an interest in business and banking
* You are fluent in English
* You have less than 2 years of work experience
* Eligible nationals preferred
For More Information: