Deadline: October 30, 2021
Applications for the CIVICUS Youth Ambassador Program 2021 are now open. The CIVICUS Youth Ambassador Program is one of the most innovative programs of CIVICUS Youth, aiming to create a global community of exchange and learning between activists from all over the world, to bring about powerful transformation in the world.
It is an international and diverse group of support, action, peer learning, and collective leadership, which exists to globally raise awareness about national youth movements as well as to co-create, and connect practices and decisions related to meaningful youth engagement in civil society from a local to a global level.
CIVICUS is seeking one young inspiring changemaker from each country to form the first-ever Youth Ambassadors community, creating a global community of +150 activists ready to instill social change. As a YAP member, you will be volunteering for a global network that is trailblazing the field of youth engagement in civil society and improve your skillset in social transformation, community building, and intercultural communication. Empowered by your experience and strengthened in your capacity to implement cooperative action globally, you can take your activism to the next level.
- Selected youth advocates will receive networking opportunities, leadership development support, and access to a global network of highly accomplished young changemakers.
- Applicant must be aged between 18 – 30 years of age by October 30, 2021.
- Being a member of a youth-led or youth-serving organization, group, collective, network, or movement – with at least 2/3 of their leadership under 30 years old, that are advancing social, environmental, cultural, political, and/or economic justice.
- Be affiliated with a national youth civil society network.
- For communication purposes, candidates must have intermediate oral and written skills in English, Spanish, or French as the Ambassadors meetings will be conducted in these languages. Selected candidates will be given support to take part in meetings and be able to express themselves.
- Being able to work remotely, ensure internet access, and be reasonably proficient in worldwide communication technologies (e-mails, Zoom, WhatsApp, social media, etc.).
- Be available and accessible to attend conference calls with the YAP and CIVICUS and be able to avail themselves for team activities up to 4 – 8 hours per month.
- Actively engaged in a national youth network/movement that has/have the potential for engaging young people and creating meaningful engagement for them.
- The applicant is open-minded, embraces diversity, and shows an intercultural understanding.
- Demonstrates experience and passion to mobilise networks and causes using effective communication, storytelling, and data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the issues faced by youth in their region and has an interest in spreading them.
- You demonstrate experience and curiosity to connect with individuals and organizations at the national level working to expand the civic space.
- You demonstrate skills to mobilise solidarity networks.
- Demonstrates understanding and experience creating strategies and setting a vision.
- Demonstrates experience and knowledge for community or team building.
- Follows the principles of listening, honest feedback, and positive affirmations.
- Fighting for justice and social inclusion is the reason why you wake up in the morning.
- Loves taking initiative, interacting with new people, searching for answers to difficult questions, and asking critical questions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to CIVICUS principles and values and respects its code of conduct.
For more information, visit CIVICUS.