Deadline: June 26, 2020
Applications for the Climate Tracker Sustainable Food Stories Fellowship 2020 are now open. Together with Hivos and IIED, Climate Tracker is happy to launch the Sustainable Food Media Fellowship to fund journalists from Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia to work on investigative reports.
They are looking for young journalists from Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia who want to write incredible stories about the production of food and access to sustainable diets in their home country.
This will be a great opportunity for journalists to conduct important investigative reports and receive exclusive 4-weeks journalism training designed by Climate Tracker’s team.
- As a fellow, you will be required to attend and fully participate in the 4 weeks journalism course as well as submit all assignments and homework associated with the course.
- Upon your completion of the course you will then be asked to come up with a constructive pitch and work plan for a food story in your country. Climate Tracker will help you throughout this process. Once your pitch and work plan has been approved, you will enter an 8-weeks fellowship period where you will receive the grant and will have to work on your story. You will be required to update your Climate Tracker mentor with your progress on a weekly basis.
- As a fellow you are also expected to engage with other members in the team via the newly created Slack community, where Climate Tracker team will be sharing any useful information and stories.
- The chosen fellows will receive an investigative story grant to cover food issues back in their home country – all mentored by the Climate Tracker Team!
- Open to young journalists from Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia who want to write incredible stories about the production of food and access to sustainable diets in their home country;
- Your food story idea can focus on key challenges and/or innovations/solutions on any of the following themes:
- Food and nutrition security in the context of COVID-19
- The nexus of Climate Change and its impact on Agriculture
- Agriculture and its Environmental footprint
To apply, you need to:
- Sign up on the Climate Tracker app to join the competition
- Submit the following:
- Your CV (upload it to any online drive and share the link)
- Samples of your previous work (preferably related to sustainable diets and agriculture topics)
- A pitch for a food story idea in your country
For more information, visit Climate Tracker.