Due Date: December 23, 2018
Entries are open for the 3rd Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest around World Water Day 2019 on Water and Migration. To magnify the voice of local youth on this subject, the Center for Mediterranean Combination (CMI) is introducing the 3rd edition of its Mediterranean youth workshop on Water and Migration. In the run-up to this workshop, the 3rd edition of the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” youth contest will use young water activists from around the Mediterranean the chance to display their ingenious deal with water and migration.
Every year, World Water Day draws the world’s attention to crucial worldwide water concerns. World Water Day 2019 will concentrate on Water and Migration Youth has a crucial function to play in working towards local water security and increased water awareness. Youths are associated with ingenious water-related jobs and research study around the Mediterranean and are crucial to protecting a more sustainable water future in the area. Youth likewise has an important function to play in producing a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
Contest rewards will be identified by CMI in cooperation with the Water Center over the coming months. The picked contest winners will be provided a speaking function in the various World Water Day 2019 workshop sessions in Marrakech, Morocco in addition to:
- Connecting with worldwide water and migration specialists and young water specialists: crucial speaking function throughout the CMI Water and Migration World Water Day youth workshop in Marrakech, Morocco (25-28 March 2019, dates tbc)
- Exposure: Showcasing of your deal with the Center for Mediterranean Combination and partners’ sites;-LRB- *************).
- Media: Including your operate in a CMI video on water and migration the Mediterranean;-LRB- *************).
- Mentoring: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and specialists.
Other picked individuals will likewise be welcomed to take part in the workshop in March 2019.
- Youths aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
- No matter their home, candidates need to be nationals from among the following Mediterranean nations: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Applicants might be working for public organizations, research study institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers.
- The main languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
CMI motivates applications from a large range of backgrounds, consisting of young water activists, business owners and scientists. Candidates are welcomed to send their ingenious work around the following styles:
- Water Governance and Required Displacement
- Environment Modification and Forced/Voluntary Migration
- The Water-Employment-Migration (WEM) Nexus
- Water and Green Entrepreneurship for Mediterranean Migrant Youth
Just finished applications will be thought about. Water-related jobs and research study will be examined according to the following requirements:
- Regional significance and reproducibility
- Ingenious worth
- Ecological, Social and Economic Effect
- Youth participation
- General quality of the application
- January 15 th: Statement of the contest outcomes
- March 25-282019 (tbc): Involvement of the contest winners at CMI World Water Day in Marseille, France
For candidates dealing with problems in submitting the types in English or Arabic, we can use minimal language assistance for other Mediterranean languages. Email us at: [email protected] with the subject line: “Language assistance– youth contest”.
For more details, check out CMI Mediterranean