Due Date: October 30, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Columbia University Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research Study Program 2020 The Research study program is the leading program worldwide for those committed to a much better understanding of important clinical and social concerns in international sustainable advancement. Earth Institute Postdoctoral Scientist will sign up with multidisciplinary groups of exceptional, dedicated researchers from throughout the Earth Institute and Columbia University.
The program supplies ingenious postdoctoral scholars with the chance to construct a structure in among the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the exact same time getting the breadth of cross-disciplinary competence required to resolve important concerns associated with sustainable advancement. Particular locations of research study consist of food security, energy systems, environment modification effects, hardship decrease, illness, and ecological deterioration.
The program provides a special intellectual surrounding that promotes cross-disciplinary interaction, research study and education. EI Postdocs are selected for twenty-four months and visits normally start September 1. Nevertheless, depending upon specific situations, along with the requirements of a postdoc’s host research study system, visits might start as early as July 1.
- EI Postdocs will get a yearly wage of $67,530 They are likewise granted a research study stipend of $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable costs associated with the consultation. These funds can be utilized for moving and moving costs, along with for computer system, travel, conference, journal, book, software application, devices, and other research study expenses.
- Columbia University just grants limited-term J1 visas for non-US people.
- EI Postdocs are thought about Officers of Research study and are qualified for advantages supplied by Columbia University for full-time staff members.
- Prospects should have gotten their postgraduate degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within 5 years prior to the start of the consultation;-LRB- **************).
- All doctoral requirements should be satisfied and the degree granted prior to the start of the consultation;-LRB- **************).
- Individuals holding existing positions with rank above post-doctoral researcher are not qualified for consultation under university guidelines. Those holding existing post-doc positions ought to contact Earth Institute workplace to identify eligibility;-LRB- **************).
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. people. Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal chance company. Minorities and females are motivated to use.
To use to the program prospects should send the following files:
- Online Application
- Quick Individual History
- Research Study Proposition
- 3 Suggestion Letters
In addition to sending the application and proposition, candidates are motivated, however not needed, to call their preferred multidisciplinary mentoring group, i.e. 2 or more senior professor or research study scientists/scholars at Columbia University with whom they wish to work throughout their consultation. Please keep in mind that a recommendation from a professor or scientist does not ensure approval into the program.
For more details, check out Earth Institute