Due Date: February 15, 2019
The Youth, Peace, and Security (YPS) job at Columbia University is pleased to reveal the Youth, Peace, Security Management program, created to advance the work of youth leaders worldwide by developing collaborations in between specialists on the ground and research study, theory, and practice from the academy.
The program acknowledges advances in the field and work currently being done within the YPS world, while at the exact same time supporting specialists by connecting their work to tools, research study and practice in associated fields that will raise and enhance their work.
This program will: establish rigor in youth, peace, and security management efforts to increase efficiency; develop on regional understanding and experience to use internationally; boost practice by grounding it in theory in locations connected to YPS; link international, local and regional networks by means of our international engagement partners; and support the execution of the YPS international program.
Selected youth leaders will invest 2 weeks in New york city City, June 3–14,2019 There will be classes, workshops, sees to the UN, and more. Upon conclusion of the program, individuals will get a Certificate of Involvement.
Throughout the program, individuals will:
- Discover the structures of YPS
- Talk about ramifications of the YPS program towards a sustainable and serene future
- Boost their understanding of the principles, theory and abilities behind dispute resolution, analytical and intervention practices and abilities
- Boost communicative habits and abilities for increasing efficiency as leaders
- Clarify the essential function of youth in keeping peace and security
- Style and carry out a YPS job with their company
- This offering has no cost. All accepted candidates will be sponsored;-LRB- **************).
- All expenses connected to the offering, consisting of accommodations and meals throughout the 2 weeks at Columbia University, will be covered. Flight/transportation to/from the program and visa application costs are not covered.
- Candidates ought to be youth/community leaders and specialists thinking about connecting their work to tools, research study and practice in associated fields that will raise and enhance their work;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates need to likewise be sponsored and supported by a regional CBO/NGO;-LRB- **************).
- Send a job concept for evaluation;-LRB- **************).
- Be proficient in English and able to devote to the two-week engagement of the program.
- Total the application and send 2 suggestion letters
- The program workplace will examine your details to guarantee it fulfills the admission requirements and call you with the choice
- Upon approval into the program, individuals will get particular program details around 6-8 weeks prior to the program date
For additional information, go to Columbia University