Due Date: October 18, 2019
Applications are open for the Comic Relief Financing Program 2019 for Organisations Improving Health and Psychological wellness in Kenya. They wish to make targeted financial investments in organisations coming from Kenya which have a strong performance history in enhancing psychological health in Kenya.
Worldwide Mental Health is among 4 concern problems under Comic Relief’s financing technique. Under DFID’s Special needs Addition Technique, supporting individuals with psychological health conditions and psychosocial specials needs has actually been highlighted for unique focus. To attend to these top priorities, UK help have actually matched ₤ 2 countless public contributions from Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day 2019 project, to develop a ₤ 4 million program to buy psychological health in Kenya.
In order to advance the program on the overlooked problem of psychological health, Comic Relief and UK help are seeking to raise the profile of the rights of individuals with psychological health conditions and psychosocial specials needs in Kenya. This require propositions is targeted at organisations working to make sure individuals with psychological health conditions and psychosocial specials needs can access the assistance they require, and feel empowered to speak up and able to live devoid of preconception and discrimination.
Propositions must react to one or both of the program’s objectives and might focus efforts at neighborhood, county and/or nationwide level:
- Tackle preconception and discrimination related to psychological health conditions and psychosocial specials needs: Financing may consist of research study to comprehend the context of preconception and discrimination in neighborhoods in more depth, co-ordinated public awareness projects, promoting psychological health awareness in the media, raising awareness among generalist health care employees about psychological health, advocacy deal with individuals who can promote psychological health as a concern, holding federal government to represent existing dedications, buying designs of avoidance that might be duplicated and utilizing imagination to take on preconception and discrimination.
- Enhance access to quality psychological health services in line with human rights techniques, for individuals coping with psychological health conditions and psychosocial specials needs: Financing may consist of research study to much better comprehend the spaces, examples of excellent practice, establishing standard procedure, promoting quality control and tracking, evaluation of present policies and practice, expert advancement and assistance for professionals, training at neighborhood level, assistance for brand-new partnerships, assistance for groups promoting for quality services, neighborhood assistance for incomes and social combination to support adherence to care and mainstreaming interventions.
- Financing is readily available for a minimum of 24 months to an optimum of 42 months. Comic Relief will money financial investments from ₤100,000 approximately ₤750,000
- Applications need to be led by organisations coming from Kenya. Applications from organisations operating in collaboration with others, particularly with representative groups, are invited.
- The lead candidate need to have a minimum performance history of one year of effective deal with psychological health problems in Kenya; and ideally more than 3 years’ experience.
- The lead candidate need to be Kenya-registered with a minimum yearly earnings of ₤75,000
To learn more, check out Comic Relief Financing