Due Date: September 9, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Committee to Secure Reporters (CPJ) Patti Birch Fellowship for Africa Research Study 2019 They are looking for a certified person for the Fellowship program to concentrate on research study for their Africa program, with a focus on innovation. This is a 1 year fellowship that was developed in honor of Patti Birch, with assistance from the Patti and Everett B. Birch Structure.
The perfect prospect will be a current college graduate, or early profession reporter with an interest in jobs connected to sub-Saharan Africa and an understanding of the innovations utilized to keep an eye on web activity and block access to details. The Patti Birch Fellow will perform an independent task on technical censorship and press liberty while working carefully with the Africa Program group on reporting press infractions throughout the area.
The Patti Birch Fellow’s tasks and obligations consist of however are not restricted to:
- Supply background research study on press liberty abuses throughout the sub-Saharan Africa, with a concentrate on cases including innovation.
- Draft informs, blog sites, or other material as required for the Africa program.
- Usage social networks successfully to distribute the Africa program’s work.
- Deal With the Africa group to make sure that technical censorship problems are highlighted in CPJ’s reporting in the area.
- Identify possible collaborations or chances for CPJ advocacy and engagement on technical censorship problems.
- Take part in wider-ranging collective jobs, or regionally focused efforts at CPJ as required.
- The fellowship features yearly stipend of $40,000 and advantages.
- Candidates must have a deep interest in and understanding of press liberty, journalism, online censorship, and human rights
- Fluency in French both spoken and composed, is needed
- Shown reporting experience and working understanding of databases
- Strong research study, composing and modifying abilities, and attention to information
- Due date oriented and capability to operate in a hectic environment
- Capability to work separately and in groups, consisting of with remote management and personnel
- A bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree chosen
- To use, e-mail a resume, cover letter, composing sample, and recommendations to [email protected] by September 9,2019 Please consist of “Patti Birch Fellow for Africa Research Study” in the subject line. Just prospects who have actually been picked for an interview will be gotten in touch with.
- Due to volume, they can not respond to private queries on the status of applications. Call will not be amused.
- CPJ is a level playing field company and worths variety at our business. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religious beliefs, color, nationwide origin, gender, sexual preference, age, marital status, veteran status, or special needs status.
For more details, check out Patti Birch Fellowship