Due Date: September 3, 2019
Applications for the Committee to Secure Reporters (CPJ) Patti Birch Fellowship for Data Journalism 2019 are now open. The Committee to Secure Reporters is looking for a certified person for the program to construct internal understanding and capability for much better usage of their information organization-wide. This is a full-time, exempt position based in New york city. This is a 1 year fellowship that was produced in honor of Patti Birch, with assistance from the Patti and Everett B. Birch Structure.
Established in 1981, the Committee to Secure Reporters is an independent, non-profit company protecting reporters worldwide without regard to their political ideology. Through its work to protect reporters, CPJ secures the rights of all individuals to have access to varied and independent sources of info.
The Patti Birch Fellow’s responsibilities and obligations consist of however are not restricted to:
- Work along with the editorial group to recognize chances for CPJ to highlight and make use of to the complete degree possible its information on reporters eliminated, sent to prison or missing out on in relation to their work, in both day-to-day and longer-term material.
- Deal with web designers, recommend and carry out enhancements to CPJ information supervisor (internal database) and information explorer (information area of CPJ site) to assist in usage and discussion of the information
- Identify possible chances for highlighting CPJ information externally or match it with partners’ information for increased insights
- Prepare and provide an internal method and useful guide on how to utilize CPJ’s information to recognize, emphasize, and highlight patterns in press liberty.
- Take part in wider-ranging collective tasks as designated.
- The fellowship includes a yearly stipend of $40,000 Fellows receive some CPJ advantages; please seek advice from the CPJ handbook for information.
- Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree or greater in journalism or associated field
- A deep interest in and understanding of information journalism, information visualization, and journalism more broadly
- Experienced with spreadsheets and with information visualization tools such as Highcharts
- Strong research study, composing and modifying abilities, and attention to information
- Capability to work individually and in groups, consisting of with remote individuals
- Due date oriented and capability to operate in a hectic environment
- An enthusiasm for liberty of journalism
- A global bent
- Prospects need to be licensed to be used in the United States
- Email a resume, cover letter, work sample, and referrals to [email protected] by September 3,2019 Please consist of “Patti Birch Fellow for Data Journalism” in the subject line.
- CPJ is a level playing field company and worths variety. CPJ does not discriminate in job opportunity or practices on the basis of race, color, religious beliefs, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationwide origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, sexual preference, marital status, special needs, pregnancy, military status, provider status, hereditary predisposition, caretaker status or any other particular secured by appropriate law.
- No telephone call, please. Just prospects who have actually been chosen for an interview will be gotten in touch with.
For more details, go to Patti Birch Fellowship