Application Due Date: 16: 00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for prospects from low and middle earnings Commonwealth nations, to carry out full-time taught Master’s research study at a UK university.
Moneyed by the UK Department for International Advancement (DFID),.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships allow skilled and determined.
people to acquire the understanding and abilities needed for sustainable.
advancement, and are targeted at those who might not otherwise manage to.
research study in the UK. These scholarships are provided under 6 styles:
- Science and innovation for advancement
- Reinforcing health systems and capability
- Promoting international success
- Reinforcing international peace, security and governance
- Reinforcing strength and action to crises
- Gain access to, addition and chance
To look for these scholarships, you need to:
- Be a resident of or have actually been given refugee status by an qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Individual
- Be completely resident in an qualified Commonwealth nation
- Be readily available to begin your scholastic research studies in the UK by the start of the UK scholastic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a very first degree of a minimum of upper 2nd class (2:1) honours basic, or a 2nd class degree (2:2) and a pertinent postgraduate certification (generally a Master’s degree). The CSC would not generally money a 2nd UK Master’s degree. If you are making an application for a 2nd UK Master’s degree, you will require to supply reason regarding why you want to undertake this research study
- Be not able to manage to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have actually supplied all supporting documents in the needed format
Each scholarship supplies:
- Authorized airline tickets from your house nation to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not compensate the expense of fares for dependants, nor the expense of journeys made prior to your award is verified)
- Authorized tuition charges Stipend (living allowance) at the rate o ₤ 1,110 monthly, or ₤ 1,362 monthly for those at universities in the London city (rates priced estimate at 2019-2020 levels)
- Warm clothes allowance, where suitable Thesis grant towards the expense of preparing a thesis or argumentation, where suitable
- Research study travel grant towards the expense of study-related travel within the UK or abroad If you are widowed, separated, or a single moms and dad, kid allowance of ₤476 monthly for the very first kid, and ₤117 monthly for the 2nd and 3rd kid under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your kids and they are dealing with you at the very same address in the UK (rates priced estimate at 2019-2020 levels)
Antigua and Barbuda
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Each year, the CSC welcomes picked nominating bodies to send a.
particular variety of elections. The due date for nominating bodies to.
send elections to the CSC is 18 December 2019
The CSC welcomes around 3 times more elections than scholarships.
readily available– for that reason, chosen prospects are not ensured to be.
granted a scholarship. There are no quotas for scholarships for any.
private nation. Prospects chosen by nationwide nominating firms.
remain in competitors with those chosen by other nominating bodies, and.
the very same requirements will be used to applications made through either.
Applications will be thought about according to the following choice requirements:
- Academic benefit of the prospect
- Quality of the strategy of research study
- Possible influence on the advancement of the prospect’s house nation
How to use
You need to use to among the following nominating bodies in the very first circumstances– the CSC does decline direct applications for these scholarships:
All applications need to be made through among these.
nominating bodies. Each nominating body is accountable for its own.
choice procedure and might have extra eligibility requirements. You.
need to consult your nominating body for their particular recommendations and.
guidelines for using, their own eligibility requirements, and their own.
closing date for applications.
You need to make your application utilizing the CSC’s online application.
system, in addition to any other application that you are needed to.
total by your nominating body. The CSC will decline any applications that are not sent through the online application system.
All applications need to be sent by 16: 00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019 at the current.
You can gain access to the online application system now
Please keep in mind that the CSC does not charge prospects to look for any.
of its scholarships or fellowships through its online application.
system, and it does not charge organisations to choose prospects.
Selecting a university/course
You might discover the list below resources helpful when investigating your options of organization and core curriculum in the UK:
- Research Study UK— British Council site, with assistance for global trainees and a course and organization search
- Steps to Postgraduate Research Study — a guide to asking the ideal concerns about taught postgraduate research study in the UK
- Postgrad.com— info for postgraduate trainees, with a course search
- Potential Customers — info on postgraduate research study in the UK
- Research Study Outstanding Structure 2014 results — outcomes of a system for evaluating the quality of research study in UK college organizations
- UCAS Postgraduate— assistance on how to discover and look for a postgraduate course
- Unistats— the main site for comparing UK college course information
- UKCISA(UK Council for International Trainee Affairs)– recommendations for global trainees on selecting a core curriculum
The CSC is not accountable for the material of external websites.
For More Details: