Due Date: December 31, 2018
Elections for the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Development for Sustainable Advancement Awards are now open! The awards will commemorate impressive innovators and developments that are assisting Commonwealth nations and their individuals attain the Sustainable Advancement Objectives (SDGs) and advance the worths in the Commonwealth Charter that devote Commonwealth nations to the advancement of complimentary and democratic societies and the promo of peace and success.
- Recognise developments that are advancing sustainable advancement in Commonwealth nations in line with the Commonwealth Charter and the Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs);-LRB- ************).
- Emphasize the ingenious prospective throughout the Commonwealth;-LRB- ************).
- Inspire the next generation of Commonwealth innovators.
The acclaimed developments need to declare the core worths and concepts of the Commonwealth as stated in the Commonwealth Charter
There will be 3 award winners for developments in each of the 5 classifications:
- Enhance the wellness (i.e. health, education, human rights and so on) of Commonwealth INDIVIDUALS
- Improve SUCCESS ( i.e. financial advancement, trade, and so on) in the Commonwealth
- Promote PEACE and justice in the Commonwealth
- Safeguard the WORLD and the natural surroundings in the Commonwealth
- and promote COLLABORATIONS for sustainable advancement in the Commonwealth
The winners will be selected for the effect or capacity of their developments to advance several of the 17 SDGs in Commonwealth nations:
Entrants need to be:
- Commonwealth people ( female and young Commonwealth innovators are particularly motivated to use)
- Federal government ministries/ departments/ public sector firms in Commonwealth nations
- Social or voluntary sector business in Commonwealth nations
- Economic sector business based in any Commonwealth nation
- The chosen developments concentrating on the SDGs need to be supported with proof that they are occurring in a Commonwealth nation.
- Candidates need to have been participated in establishing their developments for more than 12 months, either in an expert or voluntary capability.
- Award winners need to accept participate in Commonwealth-supported activities and efforts.
Awards will be selected the basis of:
- Level of effect or verifiable capacity of development;-LRB- ************).
- Fresh techniques to analytical;-LRB- ************).
- Quality of accomplishment up until now;-LRB- ************).
- Quality of the proof offered;-LRB- ************).
- Effect or prospective effect of development on accomplishment of SDGs in Commonwealth nations
The election procedure will be through an online platform just. Self-nomination is allowed. Each candidate can get in submissions for as much as 2 of the 5 classifications.
To learn more, see Commonwealth Awards