Due Date: March 14, 2019
Applications are open for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships2019 The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for prospects from least established and lower middle earnings Commonwealth nations, for full-time Master’s research study on chosen courses, collectively supported by UK universities.
Moneyed by the UK Department for International Advancement (DFID), Commonwealth Shared Scholarships make it possible for gifted and determined people to get the understanding and abilities needed for sustainable advancement, and are focused on those who might not otherwise manage to study in the UK.
These scholarships are used under 6 styles:
- Science and innovation for advancement
- Reinforcing health systems and capability
- Promoting international success
- Reinforcing international peace, security and governance
- Reinforcing strength and action to crises
- Gain access to, addition and chance
Shared Scholarships are collectively moneyed by the CSC and taking part UK universities. Each scholarship offers:
- Authorized air travel from your house nation to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not repay the expense of fares for dependants, nor typically the expense of journeys made prior to your award is lastly validated)– organized by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Authorized tuition and assessment costs– moneyed by the CSC
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of ₤ 1,065 each month, or ₤ 1,306 each month for those studying at universities in the London city (rates priced quote at 2017-2018 levels)– paid and moneyed by the university Warm clothes allowance, where relevant– paid and moneyed by the university
- Research study travel grant towards the expenses of study-related travel within the UK or overseas– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Excess luggage allowance, approximately a yearly authorized limitation, when returning house– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Compensation of the expense of an obligatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where needed for a visa application (invoices should be provided)– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
Extra allowances for partners or other dependants are not typically readily available.
To get these scholarships, you should:
- Be a person of or have actually been approved refugee status by an qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Individual.
- Be completely resident in an qualified Commonwealth nation
- Be readily available to begin your scholastic research studies in the UK by the start of the UK scholastic year in September/October 2019
- By October 2019, hold a very first degree of a minimum of upper 2nd class (2:1) requirement, or a 2nd class degree and a pertinent postgraduate credentials (typically a Master’s degree)
- Not have actually studied or worked for one (scholastic) year or more in a high earnings nation
- Be not able to manage to study in the UK without this scholarship
The CSC intends to recognize gifted people who have the prospective to make modification.
- Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, and Zambia.
Applications will be thought about according to the following choice requirements:
- Academic benefit of the prospect
- Possible effect of the deal with the advancement of the prospect’s house nation.
You can use to study among the taught Master’s courses used in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship plan. These scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD research study, or any pre-sessional English language mentor, and are typically tenable for one year just. View a complete list of qualified courses
You should likewise protect admission to your course in addition to looking for a Shared Scholarship. You should contact your picked university for their particular suggestions on when to use, admission requirements, and guidelines for using. View a complete list of university contact information
You should make your application utilizing the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are needed to finish by your picked university. The CSC will decline any applications that are not sent through the online application system.
To find out more, see Commonwealth Shared Scholarships