Due Date: December 18, 2019
Applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Master’s Research study in the UK 2020 are now open. The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for prospects from least established and lower middle earnings Commonwealth nations, for full-time Master’s research study on chosen courses, collectively supported by UK universities.
Moneyed by the UK Department for International Advancement (DFID), Commonwealth Shared Scholarships allow skilled and inspired people to get the understanding and abilities needed for sustainable advancement, and are focused on those who might not otherwise manage to study in the UK.
These scholarships are provided under 6 styles:
- Science and innovation for advancement
- Reinforcing health systems and capability
- Promoting worldwide success
- Reinforcing worldwide peace, security and governance
- Reinforcing strength and reaction to crises
- Gain access to, addition and chance
Shared Scholarships are collectively moneyed by the CSC and getting involved UK universities. Each scholarship supplies:
- Authorized air travel from your house nation to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not repay the expense of fares for dependents, nor the expense of journeys made prior to your award is validated)– set up by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Authorized tuition charges– moneyed by the CSC
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of ₤ 1,110 each month, or ₤ 1,362 each month for those studying at universities in the London city (rates estimated at 2019-2020 levels)– paid and moneyed by the university
- Warm clothes allowance, where suitable– paid and moneyed by the university
- Thesis grant towards the expense of preparing a thesis or argumentation, where suitable– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Research study travel grant towards the expenses of study-related travel within the UK or overseas– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Excess luggage allowance, as much as a yearly authorized limitation, when returning house– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- Compensation of the expense of an obligatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where needed for a visa application (invoices should be provided)– declared from and paid by the university; moneyed by the CSC
- If you are widowed, separated, or a single moms and dad, kid allowance of ₤476 each month for the very first kid, and ₤117 each month for the 2nd and 3rd kid under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your kids and they are dealing with you at the very same address in the UK (rates estimated at 2019-2020 levels)
- Be a person of or have actually been given refugee status by a qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Individual
- Be completely resident in a qualified Commonwealth nation
- Be readily available to begin your scholastic research studies in the UK by the start of the UK scholastic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a very first degree of a minimum of upper 2nd class (2:1) requirement, or a 2nd class degree and a pertinent postgraduate certification (generally a Master’s degree). The CSC generally does not money a 2nd UK Master’s degree. If you are obtaining a 2nd UK Master’s degree, you will require to supply validation regarding why you want to undertake this research study.
- Not have actually studied or worked for one (scholastic) year or more in a high earnings nation
- Be not able to manage to study in the UK without this scholarship
Qualified Commonwealth Countries
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
You can use to study among the taught Master’s courses provided in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship plan. These scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD research study, or any pre-sessional English language mentor, and are generally tenable for one year just. View a complete list of qualified courses
You should likewise protect admission to your course in addition to obtaining a Shared Scholarship. You should contact your picked university for their particular suggestions on when to use, admission requirements, and guidelines for using. View a complete list of university contact information
You should make your application utilizing the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are needed to finish by your picked university. The CSC will decline any applications that are not sent through the online application system.
You can request more than one course and/or to more than one university, however you might just accept one deal of a Shared Scholarship.
To learn more, go to Commonwealth Scholarships