Due Date: February 4, 2019
Applications for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2019 are now open. The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for PhD prospects from low and middle earnings Commonwealth nations, to invest as much as 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral research studies in their house nation.
Moneyed by the UK Department for International Advancement (DFID), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships make it possible for gifted and determined people to get the understanding and abilities needed for sustainable advancement, and are targeted at those who might not otherwise manage to study in the UK.
These scholarships are provided under 6 styles:
- Science and innovation for advancement
- Reinforcing health systems and capability
- Promoting worldwide success
- Reinforcing worldwide peace, security and governance
- Reinforcing durability and action to crises
- Gain access to, addition and chance
Each scholarship offers:
- Authorized air travel from your house nation to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not compensate the expense of fares for dependants, nor the expense of journeys made prior to your award is verified)
- Authorized tuition costs
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of ₤ 1,084 monthly, or ₤ 1,330 monthly for those at universities in the London city (rates priced estimate at 2018-2019 levels)
- Warm clothes allowance, where suitable
- Research study travel grant towards the expense of study-related travel within the UK or abroad
- If you are widowed, separated, or a single moms and dad, kid allowance of ₤465 monthly for the very first kid, and ₤114 monthly for the 2nd and 3rd kid under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your kids and they are coping with you at the exact same address in the UK
The CSC’s household allowances are meant to be just a contribution towards the expense of preserving your household in the UK. The real expenses are most likely to be substantially greater, and you need to have the ability to supplement these allowances in order to support any member of the family who concern the UK with you.
These scholarships are for:
- Applicants who are people of or have actually been given refugee status by a qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Individual
- 12 months research study at a UK university as part of a candidate’s doctoral research studies in their house nation, beginning in October 2019
- Applicants who are signed up (or will be signed up by September 2019) for a PhD at a university in a qualified Commonwealth nation
- Research Study at a UK university with which your house university has a recognized institutional or department link.
- Research Study at a UK university which has a part financing contract with the CSC
Qualified Commonwealth nations
Antigua and Barbuda
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Qualified applications will be thought about to start with by a scholastic advisor with know-how in the discipline worried, and after that by the CSC choice committee in competitors with other prospects.
Applications will be thought about according to the following choice requirements:
- Academic benefit of the prospect
- Quality of the research study proposition
- Prospective effect of the deal with the advancement of the prospect’s house nation
- You need to make your application straight to the CSC utilizing the CSC’s online application system. The CSC will decline any applications that are not sent by means of the online application system. You are not needed to use by means of a nominating body for these scholarships.
- Just one application per candidate for these scholarships will be accepted.
- You are encouraged to finish and send your application as quickly as possible, as the online application system will be extremely hectic in the days leading up to the application due date.
Supporting documents due date: Your application should consist of the following supporting documents by 16: 00 (GMT) on 18 February 2019
- Copy of your legitimate passport (or nationwide ID card) revealing your photo, date of birth, and nation of citizenship– published to the online application system
- Complete records detailing all your college credentials (with licensed translations if not in English)– published to the online application system
- Supporting declaration from your manager at your house nation university, highlighting present institutional links sent straight by your manager to the online application system (managers will be sent out an e-mail demand).
- Supporting declaration from your proposed manager at a UK university, highlighting present institutional links sent straight by your manager to the online application system (managers will be sent out an e-mail demand).
- Recommendation from a minimum of another specific– sent straight by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent out an e-mail demand)
The CSC will decline supporting documents sent outside the online application system.
For more details, see Commonwealth Split-site