Due Date: November 6, 2019
Applications are open for the Commonwealth Split-site PhD Scholarships 2020 The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for PhD prospects from low and middle earnings Commonwealth nations, to invest approximately 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral research studies in their house nation.
Moneyed by the UK Department for International Advancement (DFID), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships make it possible for skilled and inspired people to get the understanding and abilities needed for sustainable advancement, and are focused on those who might not otherwise pay for to study in the UK. These scholarships are used under 6 styles:
- Science and innovation for advancement
- Enhancing health systems and capability
- Promoting international success
- Enhancing international peace, security and governance
- Enhancing durability and reaction to crises
- Gain access to, addition and chance
Each scholarship supplies
- Authorized airline tickets from your nation to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not repay the expense of fares for dependants, nor the expense of journeys made prior to your award is verified)
- Authorized tuition costs
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of ₤ 1,110 each month, or ₤ 1,362 each month for those at universities in the London city (rates priced estimate at 2019-2020 levels)
- Warm clothes allowance, where appropriate
- Research study travel grant towards the expense of study-related travel within the UK or abroad
- If you are widowed, separated, or a single moms and dad, kid allowance of ₤476 each month for the very first kid, and ₤117 each month for the 2nd kid and the 3rd kid under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your kids and they are dealing with you at the exact same address in the UK (rates priced estimate at 2019-2020 levels)
To make an application for these scholarships, you should:
- Be a resident of or have actually been given refugee status by a qualified Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Individual
- Be completely resident in a Qualified Commonwealth nation
- Be signed up for a PhD at a university in a qualified Commonwealth nation by the time your scholarship is verified (September 2020)
- Guarantee that an institutional or department link exists in between your house university and your proposed UK university. This link needs to be higher than merely a partnership in between people.
- Be offered to begin your scholastic research studies in the UK by the start of the UK scholastic year in September/October 2020
- By October 2020, hold a very first degree of a minimum of upper 2nd class (2:1) honours basic, or a 2nd class degree (2:2) and a pertinent postgraduate credentials (generally a Master’s degree)
- Have actually offered all supporting documents in the needed format
- Be not able to pay for to study in the UK without this scholarship.
Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Qualified applications will be thought about in line with the CSC’s Split-site Scholarships Choice Criteria, consisting of by the CSC choice committee in competitors with other prospects.
Applications will be thought about according to the following choice requirements:
- Academic benefit of the prospect
- Quality of the research study proposition
- Possible effect on the advancement of the prospect’s house nation
Your application should consist of the following supporting documents:
- Evidence of citizenship or refugee status: copy of your legitimate passport (or nationwide ID card) revealing your picture, date of birth, and nation of citizenship or refugee status– submitted to the online application system
- Complete records detailing all your college credentials consisting of to-date records for any credentials you are presently studying (with accredited translations if not in English)– submitted to the online application system
- Supporting declaration from your manager at your house nation university, consisting of information of existing institutional links, sent straight by your manager to the online application system (managers will be sent out an e-mail demand).
- Supporting declaration from your proposed manager at a UK university, consisting of information of existing institutional links, sent straight by your manager to the online application system (managers will be sent out an e-mail demand).
- Referral from a minimum of another specific– sent straight by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent out an e-mail demand)
To learn more, check out Commonwealth Split-site PhD Scholarships