Application Due Date: 16: 00 (GMT) on 06 November 2019
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for PhD prospects from low and middle earnings Commonwealth nations, to invest approximately 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral research studies in their house nation.
Moneyed by the UK Department for International Advancement (DFID), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships make it possible for skilled and determined people to acquire the understanding and abilities needed for sustainable advancement, and are focused on those who might not otherwise pay for to study in the UK. These scholarships are provided under 6 styles:
- Science and innovation for advancement
- Reinforcing health systems and capability
- Promoting worldwide success
- Reinforcing worldwide peace, security and governance
- Reinforcing strength and reaction to crises
- Gain access to, addition and chance
These scholarships are for:
- 12 months research study at a UK university as part of a candidate’s doctoral research studies in their house nation, beginning in October 2020
- Applicants who are signed up (or will be signed up by September 2020) for a PhD at a university in an qualified Commonwealth nation
- Research Study at a UK university with which your house university has a recognized institutional or department link
- Research Study at a UK university which has a part financing arrangement with the CSC. View a complete list of UK universities with part financing arrangements
Be completely resident in a qualified Commonwealth nation
Be signed up for a PhD at a university in aneligible Commonwealth nation by the time your scholarship is verified (September 2020)
Be offered to begin your scholastic research studies inthe UK by the start of the UK scholastic year in September/October 2020
By October 2020, hold a very first degree of a minimum of upper 2nd class (2:1) honours basic, or a 2nd class degree and are levant postgraduate credentials (generally a Master’s degree).
· Be not able to pay for to study in the UK without this scholarship
Each scholarship offers:
· Authorized air travel from your house nation to the UK.
and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not repay the expense of.
fares for dependants, nor the expense of journeys made prior to your award is.
· Authorized tuition charges
· Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of ₤ 1,110 each month, or ₤ 1,362
each month for those at universities in the London city (rates estimated at 2019-2020 levels)
· Warm clothes allowance, where relevant
· Research study travel grant towards the expense of study-related.
travel within the UK or abroad
· If you are widowed, separated, or a single moms and dad, kid allowance of ₤ 476 each month for the very first kid, and ₤ 117 each month for the 2nd and 3rd kid under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your kids and they are dealing with you at the exact same address in the UK (rates estimated at 2019-2020 levels)
How to use
You need to make your application straight to the CSC utilizing the CSC’s.
online application system. The CSC will decline any applications that.
are not sent by means of the online application system. You are not.
needed to use by means of a nominating body for these scholarships.
Just one application per candidate for these scholarships will be accepted.
Application due date: Your application needs to be sent by 16: 00 (GMT) on 06 November 2019 at the current.
You are recommended to finish and send your application as quickly as.
possible, as the online application system will be extremely hectic in the days.
leading up to the application due date.
Supporting documents: Your application needs to consist of the following supporting documents by 16: 00 (GMT) on 27 November 2019
To Learn More: