Due Date: October 31, 2019
Elections for the 2020 Commonwealth Youth Awards are now open. The Commonwealth Youth Awards for Quality in Advancement Work 2020 will identify the contribution of youths towards attaining the Sustainable Advancement Objectives.
The Commonwealth Youth Awards identify the excellent work carried out by youths throughout the 53 member nations. The awards will see winners granted a money grant to scale-up advancement work benefiting their neighborhoods. The awards are being provided in collaboration with the Commonwealth Youth Council and the Commonwealth Youth Networks.
The awards launch accompanies the Commonwealth Asia Area Senior Citizen Officials From Youth Ministries Fulfilling– an occasion which will permit individuals to evaluate development on concurred youth policy concerns and settle a local technique focused on enhancing the wellness and incomes of Commonwealth youths.
Sixteen finalists will be shortlisted from 4 Commonwealth local classifications: Africa and Europe; Asia; the Caribbean and Canada; and the Pacific. A winner will be chosen from each area, and one extraordinary entrant will be granted the Commonwealth Young adult of the Year.
Regional winners will be welcomed to an awards event in London on Commonwealth Day 2020.
This year’s finalists will get a prize, a certificate and money grants to assist them continue their advancement work. All finalists will be granted ₤ 1,000 Each chosen local winner will get an extra ₤ 2,000 The Commonwealth Young Adult of the Year will likewise get an extra money grant of ₤ 2,000
Award, candidates should be:
- aged 15 to 29 years;-LRB- **************).
- a resident of a Commonwealth member nation;-LRB- **************).
- been taken part in advancement work for more than 12 months– either in an expert or voluntary capability;-LRB- **************).
- have a strong performance history of executing ingenious concepts and connecting their advancement work and its effect to among the 17 SDGs;-LRB- **************).
- and have actually shown an understanding of the value of youth engagement in essential locations of advancement.
Entrants can choose themselves or be chosen by somebody who is not a relative and who can affirm of the effect of their work.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Be conscious that the Award is offered for quality in advancement work and for quantifiable effect and concrete outcomes
- The candidate should be a Commonwealth resident and the advancement work carried out in a Commonwealth nation for you to be qualified to get the Awards
- The candidate must not be older than 29 years on 31 st December 2019;-LRB- ********)
- You can not modify your entry after sending it, so guarantee you cross inspect your application well prior to submission.
- Please ensure all individual information are gotten in precisely, consisting of contact information, as this might be utilized in the awards adjudication procedure.
- Entries should be gotten online through the link by 23: 59 GMT on 31 October 2019.
- Please keep in mind the entry due date, this date is last and there will be no extensions supplied. The system will immediately avoid entry submission after the due date.
- Regional Finalists revealed: February 1st 2020
- Awards discussion event: March 12 th 2020
For more details, check out Commonwealth Youth Awards