Deadline: October 23, 2020
The Conservation Leadership Programme (CLP) is accepting applications for the 2021 Team Awards. The awards target exceptional teams of early-career conservationists leading high-priority projects across the world.
The CLP Team Awards are a competitive process through which CLP aims to identify, recognise and empower rising stars in conservation, who work mainly in the developing world.
Awards are granted to teams undertaking high-priority projects that involve not just research but also practical actions and community outreach to promote pro-conservation attitudes and achieve tangible, effective and long-lasting conservation solutions.
Through the new online application portal, eligible applicants can apply for one of three types of award:
- Future Conservationist Awards (up to $15,000 per project)
- Conservation Follow-Up Awards (up to $25,000 per project; available only to previous recipients of a Future Conservationist Award)
- Conservation Leadership Award (up to $50,000 per project; available only to previous recipients of a Follow-Up Award).
- The award-winning teams will benefit from a project grant as well as global recognition for their exceptional work in conservation.
- All team members will have opportunities to build connections with peers and access expert mentorship through the CLP Alumni Network.
- Individuals from winning teams are also invited to participate in international, regional and online training courses to develop their conservation knowledge and skills.
- The international Conservation Management & Leadership course is particularly renowned among CLP alumni.
- Applicants must propose projects that support the conservation of species listed as Data Deficient, Vulnerable, Endangered or Critically Endangered on the global IUCN Red List.
- Projects must take place in an eligible country, be led (or co-led) by a national of one of these countries, and involve at least three team members.
- Projects submitted for Future Conservation Awards should last for three to 12 months.
- Follow-up projects may be up to but no more than two years in length.
Applications for Future Conservationist Awards must be submitted using the online platform by 23:59pm GMT on 23 October 2020. CLP alumni applying for Follow-up or Leadership Awards must submit a Logical Framework by 17 September 2020 and, if this is approved, they must submit a full application by the 23 October 2020 deadline.
For more information, visit CLP Team Awards.