Due Date: February 22, 2019
Applications are open for the Consortium for Advanced Research Study Training in Africa (CARTA) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 To protect the future and cultivate the profession development of its high-achieving graduates, CARTA is using the 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The fellowships are granted on a competitive basis in line with particular assessment criteria. The function of the fellowship is for the Post-Doc fellow to get particular abilities, broaden their networks and operate in a research-active environment where they will engage with good example, get strong mentorship and find out the needs of the neighborhood and public engagement.
The fellowships will be granted for an optimum of 12 months, in line with the “CARTA POST DOCTORATE AWARD GUIDELINES”. 2 modes of post-doctoral fellowships will be thought about as follows:
- Full-time fellowships for 12 months, where the fellow will be resident at the host organization for the whole fellowship duration;-LRB- ***************).
- Split fellowships, where the fellow will be anticipated to make at many 3 gos to of not less than 3 months to just one host organization over the 12- month duration.
- The postdoctoral fellowship award will depend on an optimum of US$ 48,000 and will consist of travel expenses, a month-to-month stipend of US$ 3,000 and funds for development of brand-new research study cooperations and collaborations, advancement of pilot tasks, training chances on particular research study abilities and participation of a global conference;-LRB- ***************).
- Due to the short-term nature of the postdoctoral research study fellowship program, the fellowships will not cover accompanying dependents
- Candidates should be PhD graduates of the CARTA program;-LRB- ***************).
- They should show strong dedication to research study capability structure at their organization in addition to possible for research study management.
Candidates should call the CARTA Secretariat to get the application.
Candidates should send the following files to the CARTA Secretariat at [email protected], and copy the very same to their focal individual( s):
- A finished application.
- Upgraded CV, revealing publications and awards.
- A declaration from the present company suggesting desire to launch and readmit the candidate at the end of the postdoctoral training duration
- Letters of assistance, from:.
- a senior academician, from your house organization, who comprehends your research study and possible;-LRB- ***************).
- your Head of Department or Dean;-LRB- ***************).
- the potential host organization suggesting:.
- its desire to host the candidate; and
- the name of the proposed coach.
- your proposed coach (consisting of his/her CV) from the host organization( s).
- E-copies of your most substantial publications over the last 3 years
Contact the CARTA secretariat [email protected] to get more information on the anticipated deliverables, results of the fellowship in addition to the assessment and the application.
For more details, check out CARTA