Application Due Date: May 31 st 2019
The International Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP) is happy to reveal its 4th yearly Cora Weiss Fellowship for Young Women Peacebuilders. Released in 2015, the Fellowship intends to support the advancement of girls peacebuilders and guarantee that more youths share Cora’s vision for sustainable peace and gender equality as strong and essential parts of our international culture.
To be qualified for the Cora Weiss Fellowship, candidates need to satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of offering or work in a ladies’s rights/human
rights/peace advocacy company.
- 2 years’ work experience in policy advocacy on females’s rights, human rights, peace
and other social justice problems, consisting of understanding of the UN Security Council
Resolution 1325 on Ladies, Peace and Security, and associated laws and policies;-LRB- ****************).
- A Bachelor’s degree in worldwide relations, women/gender research studies or any of the social
- Has actually lived or operated in an establishing nation for a minimum of 2 years; and
- Complete efficiency in English. Because the fellowship will happen in New york city where the worldwide neighborhood is primarily gathered together, total efficiency in the English language is a must. Efficiency in any other UN language is a plus.
Applicants will be examined based upon the following requirements:
- Understanding of UN Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR) 1325, 1820 and 2250 on Ladies, Peace and Security, and associated laws and policies;-LRB- ****************).
- Capability to utilize the abilities and networking chances acquired from this Fellowship in a comparable endeavor, such as dealing with a civil society company that promotes for females, peace and security, for a minimum of 2 years after conclusion of the Fellowship;-LRB- ****************).
- Capability to interact successfully on females, peace and security problems, both orally and in composing. Really strong speaking and composing abilities in English are needed.
- Capability and desire to take a trip to conflict-affected nations.
The effective candidate will have the chance to deal with GNWP for one year on its international advocacy in the UN to promote the application of the UN Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR) 1325 and 1820 on Ladies, Peace and Security, and associated laws and policies, and the daily running of a global workplace based in New york city.
This will consist of, however not be restricted to:
• Involvement and representing GNWP in numerous occasions and conferences at the United
Countries or those arranged by the UN, Member States, civil society and scholastic
organizations in New york city;-LRB- *************) • Assistance to GNWP research study jobs and numerous publications, consisting of declarations,
policy briefs, case research studies, task propositions and reports;-LRB- *************) • Logistical and administrative assistance in all locations of GNWP operations.
In addition, the candidate will likewise have the chance to take part in GNWP’s local, nationwide and regional efforts such as the Localization of UNSCR 1325 and 1820, and the Girls for Peace and Management program. This will consist of, however not be restricted to:
• Communicating with and supporting regional partners in logistical and substantive preparation
for the activities, and real travel to support in-country application;-LRB- *************) • Assistance to the preparation of budget plans, monetary and narrative reports from
activities;-LRB- *************) • Adding to preparation of workshop products, such as module matrixes,
training requires analyses, and pre- and post-workshop studies; and
• Composing and dissemination of blog sites and other promotion products to promote
GWNP’S numerous efforts.
The Fellowship year will begin in September 2019 and end in September 2020.
GNWP will cover roundtrip air travel from the native land to New york city, space and
board, medical insurance, regional transport, and other individual expenditures of the fellow.
List of needed files
- Finished application in English. Please keep in mind that while GNWP has actually launched this
ad in various languages, submission of a finished application in English is
necessary. The application is readily available here:
- An essay of no greater than 3 pages that discusses why you are requesting the Cora Weiss Fellowship
- 2 letters of recommendation. Referral letters need to consist of the length of time the author has actually understood the candidate and in what capability, discuss the candidate’s capacity to make an effect in the field of females, peace and security, and any appropriate previous experience.
Applications might be sent out to: [email protected] All needed application products need to be total and sent together in one email. Files sent out independently will not be evaluated and application will be thought about insufficient.
To Find Out More: