Due Date: May 31, 2019
The International Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP) welcomes applications for its 4th yearly Cora Weiss Fellowship for Young Women Peacebuilders. Introduced in 2015, the Fellowship intends to support the advancement of girls peacebuilders and guarantee that more youths share Cora’s vision for sustainable peace and gender equality as strong and essential parts of our international culture.
The Fellowship year will start in September 2019 and end in September 2020.
The effective candidate will have the chance to deal with GNWP for one year on its international advocacy in the UN to promote the application of the UN Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR) 1325 and 1820 on Females, Peace and Security, and associated laws and policies, and the everyday running of a global workplace based in New york city.
This will consist of, however not be restricted to:
- Involvement and representing GNWP in different occasions and conferences at the United Nations or those arranged by the UN, Member States, civil society and scholastic organizations in New york city;-LRB- ***************).
- Assistance to GNWP research study tasks and different publications, consisting of declarations, policy briefs, case research studies, job propositions and reports;-LRB- ***************).
- Logistical and administrative assistance in all locations of GNWP operations.
In addition, the candidate will likewise have the chance to take part in GNWP’s local, nationwide and regional efforts such as the Localization of UNSCR 1325 and 1820, and the Young Women for Peace and Management program. This will consist of, however not be restricted to:
- Communicating with and supporting regional partners in logistical and substantive preparation for the activities, and real travel to support in-country application;-LRB- ***************).
- Assistance to the preparation of spending plans, monetary and narrative reports from activities;-LRB- ***************).
- Adding to preparation of workshop products, such as module matrixes, training requires analyses, and pre- and post-workshop studies; and
- Composing and dissemination of blog sites and other promotion products to promote GWNP’S different efforts.
GNWP will cover roundtrip airline tickets from the native land to New york city, space and board, medical insurance, regional transport, and other individual costs of the fellow.
To be qualified for the Cora Weiss Fellowship, candidates need to satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of offering or work in a ladies’s rights/human rights/peace advocacy company.
- 2 years’ work experience in policy advocacy on ladies’s rights, human rights, peace and other social justice problems, consisting of understanding of the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Females, Peace and Security, and associated laws and policies;-LRB- ***************).
- A Bachelor’s degree in worldwide relations, women/gender research studies or any of the social sciences;-LRB- ***************).
- Has actually lived or operated in an establishing nation for a minimum of 2 years; and
- Complete efficiency in English. Because the fellowship will occur in New york city where the worldwide neighborhood is primarily gathered together, total efficiency in the English language is a must. Efficiency in any other UN language is a plus.
Applicants will be assessed based upon the following requirements:
- Understanding of UN Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR) 1325, 1820 and 2250 on Females, Peace and Security, and associated laws and policies;-LRB- ***************).
- Capability to utilize the abilities and networking chances acquired from this Fellowship in a comparable endeavor, such as dealing with a civil society company that promotes for ladies, peace and security, for a minimum of 2 years after conclusion of the Fellowship;-LRB- ***************).
- Capability to interact successfully on ladies, peace and security problems, both orally and in composing. Extremely strong speaking and composing abilities in English are needed.
- Capability and desire to take a trip to conflict-affected nations
- Finished application in English. Please keep in mind that while GNWP has actually launched this ad in various languages, submission of a finished application in English is necessary.
- An essay of no greater than 3 pages that describes why you are getting the Cora Weiss Fellowship
- 2 letters of referral. Recommendation letters ought to consist of for how long the author has actually understood the candidate and in what capability, talk about the candidate’s capacity to make an effect in the field of ladies, peace and security, and any pertinent previous experience.
Applications might be sent out to: [email protected] All needed application products ought to be total and sent together in one email. Files sent out independently will not be examined and application will be thought about insufficient.
To find out more, go to Cora Weiss Fellowship