Deadline: November 30, 2020
Applications are open for the CoreNet Global Academic Challenge 2020-2021. The goal of this global competition is to raise awareness of corporate real estate as a viable career opportunity amongst college students of all academic disciplines, to connect local chapters and members of the association with future talent, and encourage more universities to include corporate real estate in their curricula.
Student teams from universities and academic institutions around the world are invited to compete in an academic challenge wherein students are asked to play the role of an internal corporate real estate team in order to address a real-world issue facing companies around the globe: Your team is charged to create strategies that align their company’s global real estate portfolio with a focus on environmental stewardship in a post-pandemic culture. Specifically, your team must develop a proactive strategy that identifies the aspects of the company’s global real estate portfolio which contribute to climate change and prepare strategies to mitigate and replace them.
How can corporate real estate professionals take a leadership role in helping their companies solve what is becoming an existential crisis? Will there be a lasting impact of the COVID-19 lockdown and forthcoming health and safety protocols and practices on the environment and climate change?
- The winning team will be awarded US$5,000.
- Open to student teams from universities and academic institutions around the world;
- Teams should have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) students each.
Interested students will be required to submit a registration form, respond to several questions, and create a compelling presentation as discussed in the Competition Brief.
As part of the registration process, each team must respond to the questions below and provide all requested contact information. Please limit your responses to no more than 350 words each.
- Based on the challenge described above, how will your team prepare to compete? What are your plans to research corporate environmental impact and the impact of the pandemic?
- Submit 5-10 questions that you would like answered to better understand the challenges and opportunities of this project.
- What unique strengths does your team possess that will enable you to deliver a sound strategy to the CEO? What makes you a winning team and why should you be selected to compete?
- In your team’s opinion, what is the single greatest challenge facing multinational corporations today? What is the single greatest opportunity facing multinational corporations today?
For more information, visit CoreNet Global.