Due Date: July 12, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Council of Europe World Online Forum for Democracy 2019 The World Online Forum for Democracy is a special platform for political decision-makers and activists to dispute options to crucial difficulties for democracies worldwide.
By determining and evaluating speculative efforts and practices, the Online forum highlights and motivates democracy developments at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to reinforce the structures of democratic societies. The Online forum hence adds to the development of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and organizations.
” Democracy and info” is the style of the World Online Forum for Democracy in 2019 with 2 primary threads:
- Democracy passes away in darkness: are we getting the info we require?
- Info and the Future: lost in area or masters of our own fate?
Info is altering. The volume, the material, the platforms: each of these has actually developed beyond acknowledgment in a brief time period. This development continues. Twenty-five years earlier, the majority of our info originated from printed publications, tv and radio. Today, these are matched, matched and typically eclipsed by sites, blog sites and social networks. Widely known outlets have actually been signed up with by a variety of brand-new sources– consisting of countless people– that spread out news with the click of a share button.
The concerns we need to attend to in 2019 are to what level the info is dependable, whether this assists or impedes people in participating in democratic procedures, and what lessons we ought to find out for making sure the complimentary circulation of info in the future. The core material of the Online forum will include conversations about effective efforts and actions, which have real-life efforts as a beginning point. General directing concepts will then be drawn to motivate and support future policy reactions and field action.
In this context, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe will welcome 50-60 youths to take part and engage with choice makers and opinion-formers in a reflection on the concern of Democracy and Info.
- Travel expenditures and visa expenses will be compensated upon discussion of the pertinent invoices, according to the guidelines of the Council of Europe. Just the individuals who go to the whole occasion (pre-Forum conference and World Online forum) can be compensated. The payment will be made by bank transfer after the World Online forum. Pre-paid tickets for travel can just be set up in extraordinary and warranted cases.
- Board and accommodations are supplied and spent for by the Council of Europe (arrival on Sunday 3rd November and departure on Saturday 9th November). Individuals will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS). You may be asked for to share a space. The EYCS is completely available to youths with impairments and all set to adjust to youths’s unique requirements in order to guarantee complete addition and quality working conditions. Wi-fi is supplied in the spaces.
- Be aged 18-30(exceptions can be made in diplomatic immunities);-LRB- ***************).
- Have the ability to interact and operate in English;-LRB- ***************).
- Be actively associated with civil society democracy efforts;-LRB- ***************).
- Be inspired to add to establishing originalities on youth and democracy;-LRB- ***************).
- Be all set to share own difficulties dealt with in relation to media, phony news, info and its impacts on democracy;-LRB- ***************).
- Be all set to embrace a solution-oriented method by generating originalities and visions on the concern of media, phony news, info and democracy;-LRB- ***************).
- Be readily available to take part completely on the planet Online Forum for Democracy and the preparation procedure ahead of time;-LRB- ***************).
- The youth agents will be selected on the basis of these requirements and a video to be sent. The Council of Europe invites applications from all prospects who satisfy the above pointed out profile, regardless of gender, impairment, marital or adult status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, faith, belief or sexual preference.
- A couple of restricted locations will permit individuals from the previous editions of the World Online forum to take part.
All prospects need to use in 2 parts:
- An online application ought to be finished
- A brief 1 minute video ought to be published on YouTube, with the link connected to the online application
The application need to be sent online prior to Friday 12 July 2019 CET 13: 00 (1 p.m.), together with an assistance letter from your NGO/sending company if this is suitable. In case of technical issues with using the platform, please send out an email to [email protected]
To find out more, check out World Online Forum for Democracy