Application Due Date: 1st February 2019, 16: 00 GMT
The Crick African Network’s African Profession Accelerator (CAN ACA) awards will offer Fellowship assistance for African Post-Doctoral scientists (or non-African residents with long-term residency status) who are intending to make the shift to ending up being an independent scientist and releasing their own research study group. The CAN ACA awards will buy early-career scientists who have actually shown strong clinical and management capacity, along with a dedication to continuing their research study on the African continent.
Fellowships are for a period of approximately 2 years, and might consist of individual salary/stipend, visa expenses and research study costs to execute the research study. The Fellowships will be carried out in not less than 2 areas:
The Francis Crick Institute (‘ the Crick’, UK) and at one of the 5 African partner organizations: The University of Ghana (Ghana), Stellenbosch University (South Africa), University of Cape Town (South Africa), MRC System The Gambia at LSHTM (The Gambia) and MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Study System. Fellows will invest a minimum of 6 months in each place, although this can be built up in more than one check out.
The rest of the fellowship might be invested at the Crick, the African partner organization, or a 3rd organization located in Africa. It is anticipated that around 6 fellowships will be granted in this round, each with a worth of approximately ₤145,00 0. Arrangement has actually been made to cover expenses of travel for both moving and conferences, along with research study associated expenses for consumables. Each fellowship likewise consists of the alternative of the purchase of devices, with a single product approximately a worth of ₤10,00 0, and an overall spending plan of ₤20,00 0.
Fellows will be supported by 2 supervisors/advisors: one each from the Crick and the selected African partner organization, along with having the alternative of assistance from among the 14 Crick Science Innovation Platforms(STP) which focus on particular methods and innovations.
- Candidates need to be a resident or have long-term residency status of among the 55 African countries, as specified by the African Union.
- Applicants will likewise have a PhD and run out than 6 years’ post-doctoral research study experience (with allowances for genuine profession breaks) however more than 2 years’ post-doctoral experience unless the candidate has an impressive track-record, supported by publication and work history.
Research Study Locations:
- The scope of the research study styles which can be carried out as part of this Award can be specified as a biomedical research study of transmittable illness of hardship, with a focus on Tuberculosis, Malaria and HIV/AIDS, however likewise encompassing overlooked tropical illness or non-communicable illness with an infection part.
- Medical research study is possible, however will need to be talked about particularly with possible managers/ consultants and organizations to validate whether resources are readily available to support the research study. It will not typically be possible to perform scientific research study whilst in the UK.
- Epidemiological or social science research study on the above styles are thought about out of scope.
- Due Date for Expression of Interest is 1 January 2019
- Due date for complete applications is 1 February 2019, 16: 00 GMT
See how to use listed below for application and assistance notes.
How to Use:
- To use, candidates need to initially send a compulsory Expression of Interest type, and check out the Assistance Notes for Expression of Interest type.
- The Expression of Interest type for the 2nd round of the call will be readily available in between Thursday 1 st November 2018 and 23: 59 GMT 2 nd January2019 Expressions of interest sent after this time will be advanced for the 3rd round of the call, which will close for Expressions of Interest on the 1 st April 2019, and complete applications for that round will close on 1 st May2019
- The function of the Expression of Interest type (EoI) is to develop eligibility along with verifying supervisory plans for candidates.
- Qualified candidates will be offered with the link to the online application website which closes at 16: 00 GMT on Friday 1 st February 2019.
- Applicants effective at the complete application phase will be welcomed to interview. Interviews will happen throughout March 2019.
- The result of applications will be revealed at the end of April 2019.
To find out more, e-mail CAN-Fellowships@crick.ac.uk
To Find Out More: